• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL has raised Buyer's Premium to 12.5!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just checking to see if anybody else has noticed this. I was just about to put in a bid and noticed everything on my watch list that starts next week has gone from a 10% to 12.5% bidders premium. That with the taxes I have here makes it 20% on top of my bid!:evil:

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That tax is on top of the tax you paid when you earned it. Hmmmmm.....................GL seriously might wanna reconsider it's actions. 12.5% of "0" is 0! These are auctions, not personal sellers with a history......buying as is, where is......

infidel got me

That tax is on top of the tax you paid when you earned it. Hmmmmm.....................GL seriously might wanna reconsider it's actions. 12.5% of "0" is 0! These are auctions, not personal sellers with a history......buying as is, where is......
Never really thought of taxes that way -- paying more tax on your earned tax-- now that's double dipping

MtnSnow

Must be only on certain lots as the upcoming lots for next week and this Thursday of what I just picked up out of OKCthis morning is still showing the usual 10% buyer premiium

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a local auction house that I used to buy from on a regular basis. Started with no premium. Then 10%. Then 15%.

Now they are at 17%. That is the same as PurpleWave auctions.

I don't attend their auction much anymore.

I wonder if they have taken lessons from the airlines on how to raise additional money?

FloridaAKM

I just noticed this last week that the BP's went to 12.5% from 10% after several auctions I won cleared. This will slow down my desire to bid on a lot of stuff from now on! :mad:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would caution folks to check each auction they look at. Found one the other day that was 16%. I guess it's random.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you want to bid on an item, of course you take all the costs including buyers premium, taxes, transportation costs to determine your top bid price. With a higher buyers premium, you would bid to a lower max to compensate. GL has to give a percentage of the bid to the Gov't for the item, but they get to keep the entire buyers premium. GL just wants a bigger slice of the pie.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL Buyers Premium now 12.5%

Did anyone notice that for auctions in the new year the buyers premium on GovLiquidation has increased from 10% to 12.5%?

two.fiveM35

I saw that on some non government item and thought wth. Is that the premium on all items? I guess it hard to make money when they're only selling low priced items. Can't get rich selling treadmills and tires

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks