• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL heads up.....

Srjeeper

I'm not sure where to place this, so Moderators, do your thing. :wink:

Won a Duce & 105 trailer out of Chamberburg on a GL sale a month ago. Sent EUC and all required paperwork in very next day. WEEK later I hear from GL, Fax fuzzy can't read ZIP or make out license photo. Next day I send another FAX and e-mail license photo. Another WEEK passes and now they need to see electric bill to verify my address,(of 15 yrs.) e-mail that out the same day. Now I've already had an EUC from another sale, but WEEKS pass. Call today to see why status has NOT changed and I'm told the lady that was handling it was "one that left". :shock:
I explained what had taken place so far and they informed me that anything I e-mailed they can't get, because the lady left and her e-mail is private. :?
They gave me another lady's address to send it ALL too again, but the fact remains that nobody bothered to contact me about this persons departure and the fact that nothing was being done.
I'm not going to post the persons name for obvious reasons, but if ya haven't heard anything from GL in a while........GIVE A CALL :!:

Bill

Opie

Srjeeper,

If you need the Rausch Creek Gang to drive in circles around her in the parking lot, let us know!

Every place I've ever worked has clamed that all e-mail on their server is THEIRS, so someone is being LAZY.

Best regards,

Blood_of_Tyrants

Exactly. The system administrator CAN get to her email in about 30 seconds and forward it all to someone else or at the very least, give someone else access who needs it. It is typical bureacratic laziness with the assumption that "someone" is taking care of it but nobody quite knows who.

poppop

Typical GL stuff. I just got one EUC approved after several revisions. Took them six weeks. Sent in another Oct.1 and never received confirmation of receit. E-mailed the Lady I had delt with and she said she was not handling that sale but had forwarded my info to the person that was. I just received an e-mail from the lady saying my drivers license had expired and the deadline for submitting the EUC had passed. It was not expired when I sent it in and is it not supposed to be a photo ID and address verification. I am still the same person they approved two days ago and have lived at the same address for 30 years. The e-mail had the usual threats attached, but they did extend the submission date six days from today so I guess they are trying to be nice.

Pinkie

I agree, I have worked in IT for a number of years and this ALWAYS comes up whither you are with the gov'ment or a private business....

LC

My GL account was suspended last year because the girl working on my EUC would not return my calls to tell me what was wrong with my paperwork. She did call me the day after she put my account into default which was the same day she quit working for GL.

FreightTrain

Banned
Same here LC.I bought a lot from GL of grease guns.Called and called and called.No return.NO answer.After about a month I gave up.2 weeks later I was suspended for failure to file a Cert of Destruction on the grease guns(A WTF in itself).After I contacted HQ and bitched and moaned they finally reinstated my account.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I've had less trouble with GL than many of y'all have, but even so I'm just not interested in doing business with them. Even dealing directly with the federal government was less of a PITA. I don't bother to browse their listings any more, because they're not worth the hassle of dealing with IMHO.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: GL heads up.....

kcimb said:
"GL is a barnacle on the butt of progress"
Some folk probably feel this way, others are probably thinking more along the lines of them being "A Festering Boil on the backside of Society"

nf6x

Feral Engineer

Recovry4x4 said:
kcimb said:
Some folk probably feel this way, others are probably thinking more along the lines of them being "A Festering Boil on the backside of Society"
I'd suggest that they're both, but the concept that they could do two things with legendary puissance (or even borderline competence) is too fantastic to contemplate.

Now, where have I heard that barnacle comment before... ;)

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: GL heads up.....

Yea,the guys that know what is going on stay low down."Promoted to the next level of incompetence" type deal.Not what you know but who you blow.

kcimb

nf6x said:
Recovry4x4 said:
kcimb said:
I'd suggest that they're both, but the concept that they could do two things with legendary puissance (or even borderline competence) is too fantastic to contemplate.

Now, where have I heard that barnacle comment before... ;)
Beats me, I'm only here for the party :D

The one thing that keeps me from going through GL to get a truck is the EUC stuff...and if it's reclassified I have to possible deal with turning it in.

nhdiesel

I'm new here and although I've bought a few things from GL, I don't have nearly the experience of most on here. But here are my impressions and experiences.

-GL and the base personnel vary greatly from one base to another. Of the 4 bases I've been to, this is my impression:
*Great Lakes (north of Chicago): Very professional and helpful. No nonsense but brought my 3053a out to my vehicle quickly so I could load it.
*Hanscom, MA: Nobody understood what we were there for and had a hard time understanding that we were picking something up. Finally got the guy in charge of the GL stuff and had no further issues.
*St. Julian, VA: These guys were a real piece of work. Complete bubbas, had no clue, seemed very lazy and didn't want to do anything other than point us out to the general area where the items should be and left us to deal with it ourselves. Fortunately we found another young bubba who was happy to do what we asked and used his forklift to load one trailer onto another so we could pull them home behind our Chevy. He didn't even know how to run the forklift, but we showed him what to do and he did it. Didn't care about paperwork, and probably wouldn't have cared if we grabbed 5 more vehicles to take with us. Absolutely no clue.
*Chambersburg, PA: Quite professional and had loading down to a science. Very efficient and we were in and out very quickly. They are definitely used to dealing with surplus items.

Dealing with GL paperwork:
My first EUC was a pain. It took about 4 tries before they were happy with my EUC, then almost 3 months before it was approved. My other one went right through in less than 2 weeks.

My father got an account and tried buying his first Deuce in VT. He filled out the EUC then had to change it a couple times. Then he didn't hear back from them for a couple weeks (waiting is normal for them), then when he called he was informed that he hadn't submitted his EUC in time. This is after he had e-mailed and even called several times about it and was told each time to wait! After the sale was cancelled he had to pay almost $500 as a fine, for a truck he could no longer get!

He paid the fine and his next several auctions went fairly smoothly, although the EUCs took at least 2 tries each time.

We were annoyed that they gave us a very tight deadline to get his stuff out of Chambersburg, because he won a total of 4 trailers and a Deuce there. He was approved for 2 trailers and the Deuce, and wanted to get the other 2 at the same time, but they made him come get the items he was approved for, and now we have to make a separate trip just for 2 small trailers! He is still waiting for approval for the other 2. Oh well, I have a truck (not GL) to pick up in N.J. next weekend, so hopefully he will be approved by then so we can do everything in 1 trip.

Just my $.02 cents.

Jim

dmetalmiki

CRIKEY what all hassle..WELL arent WE the lucky ones..over here in U K. BUY A PROGRAM!!(just like at the opera!!) err CATALOGUE..go BID! win..LOAD UP AND DRIVE AWAY! is THAT complicated OR WHAT! ? even at a government disposal "tender sale" my friend bid for a ZIL won the bid (in a week) and I suspend towed it out of there the SAME day of notification of THAT SUCCESFULL BID. ((sorry fellow S.S. menbers! tisues on request!))

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

FreightTrain said:
Same here LC.I bought a lot from GL of grease guns.Called and called and called.No return.NO answer.After about a month I gave up.2 weeks later I was suspended for failure to file a Cert of Destruction on the grease guns(A WTF in itself).After I contacted HQ and bitched and moaned they finally reinstated my account.
You are talking about " grease guns" that are used to get grease into grease fittings and not a submachine gun arn't you?
I know what you meant. That was just the first thought that came to my head when I saw "grease guns".

acetomatoco

My latest experience after 8 approved EUCs is two weeks of back and forth with a Lisa Banner at GL and now starting all over with a Tiffany Liddile..requesting the same info and corrections which were OK before etc etc etc.. Thankfully their contract is running out...

FormerNewMVGuy

I dealt with Tiffany Liddile For my EUC, and was happy with the results,She was very helpful and i had my first EUC back to me in 21 days, Hope you have the same pleasant experience!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Te one funny thing is everyone is bitching (some rightfully so) about GL... And the contract being up this year.. Who knows who we'll get next.. You know how the grass is always greener.......... Just imagine an all new crew dealing with DRMS, us, and everyone else...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks