• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Incompetence strikes again........

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the same boat. Bid on a couple of trucks. The first atempt on Debit Card was declined. Transfered funds. Contacted the chat line. Got a confirmation from the chat line. Left town.

When I came back I had a email saying the 2nd attempt was declined. Contacted my bank and no record of the charge and my account was suspended. I didn't need the trucks and needed to stop buying so I let it ride.

I had another truck already paid for and was picked up while I was gone. Ordered a SF-97.

Fast forward to today and I see that I was charged TWICE for the SF-97 and it overdrew my account.

Sent an email to "Management" telling them to refund my $60, pay for the overdaft fee and to drop the default fee and reinstate my account.

If the doesn't happen then I will be contacting the same people.

Working with GSA is sooooo much easier.

Chief_919

I'm in the same boat. Bid on a couple of trucks. The first atempt on Debit Card was declined. Transfered funds. Contacted the chat line. Got a confirmation from the chat line. Left town.

When I came back I had a email saying the 2nd attempt was declined. Contacted my bank and no record of the charge and my account was suspended. I didn't need the trucks and needed to stop buying so I let it ride.

I had another truck already paid for and was picked up while I was gone. Ordered a SF-97.

Fast forward to today and I see that I was charged TWICE for the SF-97 and it overdrew my account.

Sent an email to "Management" telling them to refund my $60, pay for the overdaft fee and to drop the default fee and reinstate my account.

If the doesn't happen then I will be contacting the same people.

Working with GSA is sooooo much easier.
We need to send our info up together, or at least share names when we do. When you can show the IG or a Congressional aid a pattern of the activity and name multiple people it has happened to the complaint will get more attention, and be harder for them to ignore or for GL to talk their way out of.

croftonaviation

We need to send our info up together, or at least share names when we do. When you can show the IG or a Congressional aid a pattern of the activity and name multiple people it has happened to the complaint will get more attention, and be harder for them to ignore or for GL to talk their way out of.
I am 100% behind you chief. I know am new here and to MV's biu in all my dealings few operations have been as bad as GL. I'm not even talking about the EUC process(which is a load of crap). That I realise is out of their hands. But when you send someone a money order you expect a recipt. Paperwork was lost not once but twice. Not to mention a total lack of communication. drmo needs to fluch these losers and either take back sales or find someone competint. Good luck.

Chief_919

Well, so far-

They still claim it was a valid decline on my credit card.

I have requested that they send me the transaction/trace number from the supposed decline 4 times now, 3 in emails and once in live chat. They have thus far refused to do so, leading me to believe they do not have one.

They keep saying the matter is still "under review" and to be patient.

Meanwhile, they are losing money as I can't did on items I want to that end today. I am losing money as well.

However, the longer they drag it out, the more complete the folder of information I have available to send out becomes, as well as the list of emails to send it to within DRMS and the DLA. I am going to be very generous and give them until Friday at noon to resolve the matter and either produce evidence that my bank is wrong or waive the default fee they charged me.

Between now and then, anybody who has had equipment damaged by GL, had this same problem, or had other serious issues with them please IM or email me with your info and what happened. I have enough people with similar stories now to demonstrate a pattern of behavior on their part, but the more names and events I add the stronger the pattern is.

Last edited:

AaronW

I'm not a tinfoil hatter by any means but Jeeezzz. After reading about GL problems for a few years, I wonder if it is just random. I've had 4 completed transactions with GL with absolutely no issues. Sure, my first EUC took the normal 3 months, but since then it has been trouble free. I guess I'll just count my lucky stars.

hoopsoft

if gl says your card is declined, you will not get your item, best you can hope for is reinstatement. If you get more, go buy a lottery ticket.

Chief_919

if gl says your card is declined, you will not get your item, best you can hope for is reinstatement. If you get more, go buy a lottery ticket.
Ohh I know I won't get my items, they are already relisted- but I damm sure will not be barred from bidding nor will I pay a default fee based upon their error.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on my GL issue:

After two weeks with "management" got a cal that my CC declline was valid (no proof provided), but as a one time courtesy they would forgive the default fee and reinstate my account. 5 minutes later myaccount was reinstated.:-D

Also, when they double charged my CC for a SF-97, that if I would fax them proof that my bank charged me fees they would reimburse my account. Waiting to see on that one.:roll:

Chief_919

Update on my GL issue:

After two weeks with "management" got a cal that my CC declline was valid (no proof provided), but as a one time courtesy they would forgive the default fee and reinstate my account. 5 minutes later myaccount was reinstated.:-D

Also, when they double charged my CC for a SF-97, that if I would fax them proof that my bank charged me fees they would reimburse my account. Waiting to see on that one.:roll:
Exact same call and resolution I got tomorrow.

He kept saying there was no confirmation code (that is a lie, ALL attempted credit or debit carsd generate one) and that I must have enetered my billing address wrong or something (again, a lie, because they charged the exact same card multiple times before on the same data) but they would reinstate my account.

I am think more and more these may not be accidents- think about it, if they can default somebody on a lot once, then sell it a second time, they made 35% instead of 10%.....

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a simple honest question about their business Liquidity Services, Inc. and decided to try the web chat. She was nice and polite but seemed simply dumbfounded. I cant remember the exact question but it was so simple and honest I bet it was in her introduction booklet she got on the first day of her job. I was told to email management..then nothing. A week passed so I resent the email..nothing again.

It seems to me "management" is a slang term for bottomless pit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks