• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL M105's in STL

54reo

If anyone here bought a GL M105 from the St. Louis location on the last event, beware.

They have all been moved to a different location, and it looks like they were treated rough. Several have the taillights knocked out, fresh dents, flat tires, and it seems like every one of them was full of trash and junk (above the side rails). Also, they are packed in like sardines, I had to hook my truck to the side of mine and yank it out sideways. Glad I had some tow chain.

Mine was missing all but two lug nuts per wheel, taillights gone, rear cross member torched off, and the bed was not bolted down. Made for a fun surprise.

There are several more listed right now to start on the 10th, and they don't look to be in much better shape.

On a positive note, mine had two brand new tires on it.

Ozarker

Bummer. Waiting for my EUC to clear. One of those is mine and looked to be in halfway decent shape from the pic. Not going to be happy if they bunged it up.

kc5mzd

I am suposed to pick a couple up in am. Hope I am not in for a suprise. The guy didn't seem to happy when he said "those trailers" there was a strange tone in his voice I just tried to ignore.

54reo

If you are meeting Danny, he is a nice guy and quite helpful.

The trailers are not on GL property, but some type of staging lot under I-170.

54reo

No forklift.

I had to yank mine out sideways with chains to get it out of the stack, luckily mine was on the edge.

Take a few extra straps, as some of them (mine included) had no bolts holding the bed on.

Also bring extra lug nuts, a few had only two per side.

54reo

Here is the picture from GL. Hope it still bears some resemblance by the time my brother picks it up. (EUC is biding time in Battle Creek).
I can guarantee that it does not look like that. Mine had the sides on it too in the pic, but when I picked it up, it was full of busted up wood and bent metal.

None of them had the sides on them where they are currently located. Yours may have the sides in the back, but i don't recall.

Last edited:

kc5mzd

I am supposed to have 4. I was going to try to get 2 or 3 on this trip. I think tomorrow is gona be a looong day...

I can tow 1 but my truck is kinda long and not able to go into small - narrow spaces. Its also a long drive for just 1 trailer.

I can try to look for lot 7000 if Ozarker wants to pm a phone #?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
54reo, Do you have before and after pics? Stuff like this really makes my blood boil :evil:. You should atleast recieve the trailer in the same condition as in the pics. Knowing GL they won't give you any satisfaction because of it.

kc5mzd

I picked up 2 out of my 4 trailers today. They are kind of a mess. The sides were ripped off then bent and broke to make flat. I don’t think they are going to be useable. One had a bent frame and several are missing the bolts and brackets to hold the body on. Some were missing the taillights. There are some brake parts and other scrap in them. I only paid $170.00 each for them so I guess I found out why they were so cheep!
Bad news for lot 7000 the same happened to his. Even the frame is bent - but not to bad. Have some pics. Will post soon...

Ozarker

Thanks kc. I just don't understand why they would auction them and then bust them up before they get picked up. They may be in for a tangle. I realize I probably won't get anywhere with GL, but they will hear what I have to say.:evil:

kc5mzd

I am headed back to TX with 2 of mine. They were, "modified" (not sure what to call it) just like yours. The GL rep that was onsite was very nice. He is aware of what happened. I think the GL office is to. He said their lease expired and they had them moved. I asked him if they were mad when they moved them. The transporters destroyed all of them. GL needs to file a claim or something. It would also be good if we could find out who the transporter was so we can show everyone what they did.
Well I better get back on the road....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am headed back to TX with 2 of mine. They were, "modified" (not sure what to call it) just like yours. The GL rep that was onsite was very nice. He is aware of what happened. I think the GL office is to. He said their lease expired and they had them moved. I asked him if they were mad when they moved them. The transporters destroyed all of them. GL needs to file a claim or something. It would also be good if we could find out who the transporter was so we can show everyone what they did.
Well I better get back on the road....
I agree that the people moving them should have done better but this falls in GL's lap. They hired the movers and they should have made sure they didn't damage them.

They must have stacked them up on tailers to tear them up that bad. That would be the only reason I could think of that they would have to remove the sides.

kc5mzd

I agree that GL is ultimately responsible. I would hate for other people to pay the guy that did this $2.00 per mile. As far as GL goes they really should have notified us that the trailers ware moved. GL should also have taken new pictures that are representative of what they were selling when the condition of the merchandise significantly changed.
I also think they were trying to make the trailers shorter (not as tall). It looks like they started to take the body off the frames then figured out the side rails would come off. It looks like they just took a forklift and tore the side rails out as one piece and smashed them down to make them fit in the trailers. It looks like the frames were bent when they tied them down. Someone probably used changes and tightened them until the frame bent. They obviously didn’t care about causing damage.

To make things worse I think some of those trailers are still active auctions.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks