• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl mvpa / mmmt color tour *notice*

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL MVPA / MMMT COLOR TOUR *NOTICE*
Attention Great Lakes MVPA members
The 2010 Color Tour Shirt Orders are due by 9-3-10!

Members can download a copy of the Color Tour advance registartion form and Color Tour shirt order form on the Michigan Museum of military Transport Foundation website www.MMMT.us

The 18th Annual Camp Grayling Color Tour is open to current members of the Great Lakes MVPA and Michigan Museum of Military Transport Foundation.

Members guests are welcome to attend, yet only vehicles owned by members may participate.

Sounds like a good reason to join up!

This years Color Tour is September 24th, 25th and 26th, early arrival and camp set up is ok.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The MMMT site has a strange picture...........................

Attachments

thats an older pic taken before i joined the group. maybe someone that was there will chime in and tell us what the deal was.

here is a newer one.(or two)

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep Something is strange in that pic. While I don't know whose truck it is or when it was taken.
It looks to me like a M35 non turbo and a custom exhaust.
Close inspection of the pic will reveal that the pic was not inverted.

Yet, over the years some strange things have been photographed ;-)

Last edited:

odjeeper

I do not remember who brought the truck, but modified exhausts are not all that uncommon, though that truck would have the exhaust stack coming up on the off side from the exhaust manifold if it is running the stock engine. Maybe someone here will remember some details about it.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This years base camp is on private property.

For those that will be setting up camp in the wooded area, if you did not make it to the site prep day. Bring some tools along to clear your camp site. plenty of room in the woods, just plenty of under brush and limbs to deal with.
and those who will be in the open area, please stay to the edge of the "farm field" as to not damage it - check in at registration while still in the driveway for further details.

Thanks.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The clock is ticking on the shirt orders! and on the 1/2 price advance Color Tour registration.

I have plenty of prep work to do on trucks.
I don't want to be the one leading a trail side repair seminar, do you?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next Week!
Advance registration discount is over.

You can register right up through Saturday the 25th.
Not a member? Easy, join up and register at the same time!

Shirts have been ordered already, as always there will be some extras available on site, but they usually don't last long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks