• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL needs to change !

Bighurt

I'm sure GL makes life easy for DLA, which is why things stay the same. Frankly it's not that complicated...my issues with the DMV aren't a GL issue.

As to the site locations, how many GL sites are actually different from DRMO sites? GL has very little overhead, which makes them very happy. No land, no buildings, few employees and they pay next to nothing for the stuff they auction. Frankly I think GL is good for the economy.

I'm not rattling any cages, I thank each GL employee I deal with and wish them a pleasant day.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Being that GL is making a lot of money with a little out lay, doing things the way thay do things and with that being said, I see GL has NO reason to change in the near future or for that matter change at all.

This exact topic has been disgusted at least ONE other time, was a waste of time and mental energy then as it is now, GL does not care and WILL NOT CHANGE, thay know thay own the sand box, "you play with us or go away"

So a 5 page (even 1 page) on getting GL to change is a total waste of time and server space

Last edited:

mikey

If you want to send a message to GL, stop buying. If enough people stop buying they will get the message. Unfortunately, if you stop buying nobody else will because they corner the market on surplus mv's. It's a simple matter of supply and demand. They have the supply and the demand is high. They have no incentive to change. As others have said, if you rock the boat too much you're more likely to ruin this for everyone than to get them to change.

Where else can you buy a 3 axle multifuel diesel truck for under $2k and in some cases under $1k? We have a good thing going and if your biggest complaint is a slow EUC, then maybe you're just a bit too demanding for this hobby.

paulfarber

I've been personally involved in 3 purchases and have to say that I have had NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. At 60 days I submitted a ticket to DLA and go my EUC a week later. I don't consider that a GL problem.. it was clearly a DLA thing. And was promptly addressed.. I got my EUC the next week.

Even if GL drove the truck to their door, fully fueled and serviced... some would complain that the windshields are dirty.

Read some of the 'horror stories' and ask yourself if you were the seller would you tolerate the buyers nonsense.

EUC and SF-97 issues are completely out of GLs hands... they are in the middle of you and DLA.

I don't think is a supply/demand, or a GL management issue.... but an EXPECTATIONS issue. You are dealing with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Then you are dealing with a company halfway across the country who has meat-heads complaining at every little thing. Run a business and deal with the public..... you'll quickly turn into a 'GL'.

Last edited:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope things dont change for the worst or at lest dont get no worse! I hoping to try and get my first MV this year some time. I have been watching some of the M816 6X6 5 Ton wrecker trucks seeing what they are going for. I hope to some time this year land one.

R Racing

My first 7 or 8 purchases were flawless and couldn't say enough good things about the GL site managers. The last 3 have been PURE **** !! and I have no ryme or reason for it ??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks