• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL paid WHOOOOHOOOO

tymbom

Auction ended on 3-19, I finally got my invoice today, 5-20. I plan on picking up my M1008 on tues. the 27th. I can't wait!!! Hopefully it won't be too stinking hot down there... 8)

Attachments

tymbom

Not bad eh?? We're planning on leaving from Alturas on Monday morning and driving down to Barstow. Tuesday morning we'll get up and hook a tow bar to it and head back to Alturas. Is anybody going to be in Barstow on Tuesday?? Has anyone ever hooked up a U-Haul tow bar to a M1008 before?? Should I expect all the fluids to be drained from the truck??

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just an FYI, They move trucks around at Barstow with forklifts, both trucks I got there had bent driveshafts.......
Both trucks had NOT been drained, but its best to check/be prepaired if they have.

Bozor1000

Congrats on the win. My truck has the canopy bows also. I picked mine up last wednesday and it is a runner. Everything works, the lights and the engine fired up like nothing! I also found out that my truck was a California National Guard truck. So it really wasn't beat up!

ryan1981

I hear ya, won my 1028 on feb 27th, just got my paid in full invoice today 05/21/2008. going to get it asap

tymbom

UH60, this was my first EUC.... The truck looks good in the pictures so I'm hoping it'll be in good shape... I'm not too excited to drive the thing 14hrs. home untested. As long as it can be flat towed it'll be okay.

Bozor1000

Don't forget to disconnect the rear driveshaft and tie it up to the frame so you won't leak any fluid out of the trans. Drove mine around yesterday. Nothing like a noisy diesel to piss off the neighbors. My 13 month old son likes it too!

tymbom

Thanks for the tip... I think my CHP patrol vehicle pisses off the neighbors more.... Where in Riverside are you Bozor?? I've got some family down in Hemet...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks