• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL payment with paypal

AMX

Anyone had trouble paying for their wins with paypal? My payment was declined according to GL. I gave them my Visa debit card# over the phone, but I guess they didnt get a chance to run it friday evening. I thought the paypal would have just came out of my checking account (I also have a backup credit card with them). I have no info available on my paypal site showing anything being declined. They told me if it doesnt show up as approved by monday that I need to send them certified funds or a wire transfer. I dont mind doing any of these things, I just wonder what happened that shows my payment declined.:roll:

Chief_919

Government Liquidation has a long history of screwing up on their end about charging you, then blaming you or your bank.

They have done it to me, they have done it to others, and they will lie to you about it when they do.

Nonotagain

Typical Government Liquidation BS.

The first time I attempted using PayPal for a purchase my PayPal payment was also rejected. I called GL and asked for a transaction number and of course they didn't have access to the transaction. Yeah Right???

I called PayPal and Government Liquidation NEVER attempted charging my account. I had about $1600 in my account and wanted to use that money up since it's a pain to get a transfer done. Nope Government Liquidation screwed the pooch.

My PayPal account also didn't show the transaction attempt.

G.L. LIES.

Chief_919

Typical Government Liquidation BS.

The first time I attempted using PayPal for a purchase my PayPal payment was also rejected. I called GL and asked for a transaction number and of course they didn't have access to the transaction. Yeah Right???

I called PayPal and Government Liquidation NEVER attempted charging my account. I had about $1600 in my account and wanted to use that money up since it's a pain to get a transfer done. Nope Government Liquidation screwed the pooch.

My PayPal account also didn't show the transaction attempt.

G.L. LIES.
The exact same lie they told me, but with a credit card.

Visa and my bank both confirmed that had there been an attempted charge, it would show to them and a transaction # would be on Government Liquidations system. It didn't show, and GL of course could not provide a number.

paulfarber

If a charge fails AVS (that's where the check your address and zip code against the account info to get a better transaction rate) they may not want to lose the discount (for a couple grand charge it can be $25/$1000) so they may actually have tried, but got the transaction kicked back due to AVS failure.

As for 'no record' it can take up to a week for a charge, or an attempt to show up.. it all depends when GL settled the account (meekly, monthly... each time will cost them a fee).

When I ran VISA/CH via PC authorize (still around) every button you pressed incurred a fee.

Chief_919

No way mine was an AVS fail- the same CC info that I used 10 times before was saved in the system, and I used the same saved info after.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Government Liquidation has a long history of screwing up on their end about charging you, then blaming you or your bank.

They have done it to me, they have done it to others, and they will lie to you about it when they do.
:ditto:

They didnt run my paypal either, it just got "declined". I called in that friday and they took my CC's by phone without issue. I then called paypal and they said no attempts at charging my account were made. Go figure.. :roll:

Nonotagain

If a charge fails AVS (that's where the check your address and zip code against the account info to get a better transaction rate) they may not want to lose the discount (for a couple grand charge it can be $25/$1000) so they may actually have tried, but got the transaction kicked back due to AVS failure.

As for 'no record' it can take up to a week for a charge, or an attempt to show up.. it all depends when GL settled the account
I can tell you that I've had the same address for the last 25 plus years. It's the same address used on various GL purchases for the past 5 years.

I balance my PayPal account weekly since I use them for my mad money purchases. To this date there has not been any posting of an attempt by Government Liquidation to charge my PayPal account.

Everyone gets a chance in the barrel. When it's your turn, don't complain.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Especially cause it would cost me a fortune to get to a base to inspect the lots, then another fortune to pick it up (when and if they agreed to take my money and approve my EU paperwork) I guess I will just pay a few hundred more and buy it from a private party when I can find a trailer! I just see you folks going through all kinds of problems with GL......

jimbob1111

Hi,
Ive had 2 successful payments with Paypal, then a boat load of failures!
On all the failures I would pick the PP option at the time of placing the bid and it would mess up right there. I'd use a CC on file and the bid would go right through.
HMFG

Taurus454

GL Blows!

Had an absolute nightmare with GL and PayPal. I registered as an individual but it came out as a business (first problem). I registered with PayPal and wanted to use my credit card and the purchase went through to my checking account. 99% of businesses send a payment request with invoice, not GL (second problem with many more to come). They sent a straight charge on a friday at 5Pm and I had no choice in payment method. Called GL because money wasn't in my checking account and they told me politely too bad. I explained I would put a stop payment on it at bank and they told me to call PayPal and it wouldn't be a problem to arrange payment another way when transaction was stopped. Called PayPal and they said nothing could be done. Paid the bank $60 to stop any charge from PayPal ($30) or GL (another $30).

On Monday, I called GL and spoke to Mike Eisler (a total D I C K). Asked for credit card and when I gave him information, he asked me and I quote, "are you the primary card holder"? My response was, "no, Susan is". I then got a lecture about how GL couldn't take the card because it would be a "third-party purchase" and blah, blah, blah. I told him I will check into and get back to him shortly. He told me if I didn't call him by COB the next day with payment I would be banned by GL. I call bank, and they tell me that since I am a card holder I am not making a third-party purchase. I call back and get told, "he is gone for the day", yeah right, it is 2PM their time, I ask to speak to someone else and get told there is nobody else to help me. I remind them they are a government contractor and the government doesn't stop working because one person is gone. A customer representative takes my information.

Overnight, I decide to call GL's Contracting Officer or KO and give them a head's up on the problem. I work for the government and have been a Contracting Officer's Representative and to KO school and know full well the government does not want its contractors treating the public like I am being treated. I call GL and ask for their KO's name and number. I get a run around and am told the only person who has that information is Mr. Steven Wise, I ask to speak with him and of course, "he is not in", right it is 10AM their time. I ask for his voice mail and leave a polite message and get transferred back to a customer service rep. I get the ninth degree about why I want to speak to the KO. I finally ask if this is Steven and I get, "do I sound like a Steven" and realize it is a woman. I respond, "are you going to tell me there are no women named Steven", like that isn't the case today. I get yelled at for being rude and a number of other things and she hangs up on me without my saying a word.

I call back and ask to speak with Isler who immediately starts off by laughing at me and telling me I have no business speaking with anyone else at GL and demanding to know why I want to speak with the KO. I respond that is between me and the KO and he starts yelling at me for being rude and blah, blah, blah. I respond, "I don't like your tone" and he hangs up on me. I call back and he starts lecturing me about how I better do as he says and blah, blah, blah. I respond again, "I don't like your tone" and he hangs up on me again.

I then file a DoD IG complaint for fraud, abuse, and retaliation. The next day I get an e-mail from Isler stating I have been "banned and permanently suspended" from GL for violating their terms. I reply to him with the facts and CC GL's leadership. I get another e-mail from Isler stating the use of my wife's credit card makes it a third party purchase and that I committed fraud by saying my name was on the credit card. Again, I respond that Susan is not my wife and I am a credit card holder and they better have more solid justification than that or GL is about to get embarassed.

I finally get a call from Wise asking what is going on. I explain it to him and he says he will get back to me. He calls me back a few days later and says they may need proof I am a credit card holder. I send him a screen shot of my PayPal account showing the credit card I was going to use. I get a call asking for a copy of the card. I send a copy then I get a call saying my purchase will be honored and my suspension lifted.

I get a paid invoice and call to arrange pick-up and I find out my order has been cancelled because GL cancelled my approved EUC. I call Wise and congratulate him on a masterful move. A day or so later my EUC is approved again and I arrange pick-up. At the appointed time and place I show up. I wait for an hour until I am helped and get my vehicle.

I still haven't received my Certificate of Title (SF 97) and under Maryland Law, the MVA tells me I wasn't supposed to take possession of the vehicle without it. That should negate GL's required ten day pick-up within receipt of a paid invoice policy. It has been four weeks and I am still waiting. GL says it could take over 30 days.

Now that I see the problems here, I will call the KO and speak with her. I will leave the name and number as a reply to this post later in case anyone else has problems with GL and/or PayPal. The sad part is GL has their hooks in a $26 billion contract and it will be hard to do anything about them given the dollar value to the DoD of this contract.

Tom

Chief_919

Now that I see the problems here, I will call the KO and speak with her. I will leave the name and number as a reply to this post later in case anyone else has problems with GL and/or PayPal. The sad part is GL has their hooks in a $26 billion contract and it will be hard to do anything about them given the dollar value to the DoD of this contract.

Tom
I would be very, very interested in the contact info for the COR/KO.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This is exactly why the government is trillions of dollars in debt.

Contractors like GL that run roughshod over people who have to deal with them and cost the goverment money.

A classic example is the government moving surplus property and vehicles to regional GL sites at the taxpayers expense so GL can maximize profits by laying off people at small sites.

I have spoken to truck drivers at Redstone and they told me what the shipping cost were on deuces. The same trucks sold a few weeks later for less than the shipping costs.

GL still made money on the sale but the government had a loss on the deal.

In my case GL voided a sale and locked my account.....I ended up paying 300 bucks to get back in the game....I bought the same two trucks a few weeks later for 500 less than the original sale. Even though I paid out 300 to GL I still came out 200 to the good (other than the aggravation I went through).

With the exception of a few of the ladies out in Phoenix the management of GL is a bunch of morons led by a group of idiots.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW...the best kind of business I guess, A government monopoly with a guarenteed profit. Might as well hang out a sign "We don't care, we don't have to!" Let's see the government provides the stock, the property to run the business from and then lets the operators of this scam run roughshod over the customers. Has anybody talked to their congress folks about this?

bevanet

I agree that GL is a painful company to deal with, wasting our tax $$ and providing very poor service. I would like to chat with the KO once the number becomes available

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks