• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl put my purchase in the abandonment section

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm curious what you won. Also wondering how long it took to get a PIF invoice. Out of the 10 days you had to pick it up, when did your plans fall through? Did you ask for any help here on the website? Why didn't you call the GL location to update them?

Just trying to understand what went wrong.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good questions DH, me thinks there's something not being said, or at least a "failure to communicate".

We all know how that turns out.

Rick

stancanpara

Emails are nice but a phone call is the only way you can actually get ANYTHING done with these people.... It's always best to try and deal with the site guys directly, in my experience, they have always been more than happy to help out if they can and have not had any problems working below GL's radar.... but you need to contact them directly (phone or in person) and be patient....

Don't know what happens if it's been considered abandoned.... I've always contacted the on site guy ASAP when I know I've won an auction... just to chat for a few seconds and let him know I am concerned about my lot...and they have always been good about keeping an eye on things for me. When I got my Deuce, the day after I talked to Mike (Richmond 2005)I got a call the next day saying someone was taking my brand new spare tire while picking up a different truck that didn't have a spare... He wanted to know if they really knew me, after I assured him that no, I'd be there in person to get the truck, he called the MPs....:beer: Don't know what came about with them, but when I picked up my truck I was very thankful and he pointed to the truck the other guys had won and were picking up... it was still there,.,...:twisted:

Nuf said...

ALWAYS contact the on site guy!!!! GL ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY and couldn't care less about you or anything else! On site guys are usually more than happy to help.
2cents

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ditto

I'm curious what you won. Also wondering how long it took to get a PIF invoice. Out of the 10 days you had to pick it up, when did your plans fall through? Did you ask for any help here on the website? Why didn't you call the GL location to update them?
Just trying to understand what went wrong.
I'm made many pickups at GL locations in the SE, some for SS Members, some for CAMO Members, and a few for fellers that weren't affiliated with anyone.

On several occasions the purchaser waited until the last couple of days to contact me and I had to negotiate pickup dates/times with the site managers.

Some sites are not manned and require a GL rep to drive great distances just to release property to one or two buyers so yes, sometimes they can be rather strict on schedules. Other times they are very flexible even outside the 10 day window.

In fact...I have had more site managers ask me to delay pickup than I haved asked to delay them.

It's all about communication IMO.

However...as Paul Farber said...it also depends on how much room that site has...at that time.
(And I suspect how well we communicate/cooperate with the site manager before the deadline is reached)

I have heard horror stories on pickups on here but personally, all mine have been pleasant.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If the site was not manned you have to count only the days the GL guy goes to there to load out.

Theoretically you coud stretch it out to 10 weeks using their schedule.

I have never had an issue if I talked to someone at the site.....the last thing you want to do is get the head Bozo out in Arizona involved.

I have rescued stuff for people at Redstone when they could not get an appt or could not work with GL's schedule......you should not have waited to post an SOS. We are here to help but we got to know in time to do something.

I hope this is not too an expensive a lesson for you.

TJP

If there is a next time I will give the site thread for advise. I have not heard from the GL yet but when I do ill let you all know how bad or how good it turned out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use "live chat"(on Gov Liq site) during the day, and get help immediately.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is a next time I will give the site thread for advise. I have not heard from the GL yet but when I do ill let you all know how bad or how good it turned out.

Well, you have a couple trucks right? So, this wasn't your first rodeo correct?
Never trust an email to be communication for anything. I'm sure someone could have helped you with say, a M105A3 trailer, or a S-805 shelter, or something if you had mentioned needing help.
Calling the site where my auction win is located is about the first thing I do, always.

I hope things work out for you anyway.

stancanpara

A schedule for removal of property will be established for each sale. You must remove all property awarded within this time limit. If for any reason removal cannot be completed within the time period, it is your responsibility to arrange with our site manager for an extension of time. We are not responsible for property that is not removed within the time allotted. If property is not removed within the specified removal period or scheduled for removal at a later date with our site manager, we will consider the property to be abandoned by you, and you will have abandoned all right, title and interest in the property including the purchase price of the property. We are not required to send abandonment or late removal letters to you prior to exercising the right of abandonment.
Section 10: DISPUTED BIDS ( top )

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last year I won a GL lot of items for the minimun bid (I hate when that happens :mad:) . Was hoping to win another item at the same auction and missed out on it in the end.

The items required a EUC. By the time the EUC cleared, the weather went to crap, fuel was high and I didn't feel like driving 4 hrs each way. So I decided that it was cheaper to abandon it than to pay for the fuel to get it. (items where scrap if anyone whats to know).

Well after four months, I get a phone call to see if I still wanted the stuff. So I bid on something else, won it and made the trip to pick everything up.

The moral of this story, it just depends on the GL site and who is working it.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first GL buy I had to wait 45 days for my EUC and it came back right before Christmas on 12/22. My family and I were out of town for Christmas and New Years so I called the site and talked to the guy and he said that was fine, we did setup a date for pickup on Jan. 7th.
I think it is all about the site and the site manger.

Good luck with your quest.[thumbzup]

brianrbull

I have paid the "Late" Tax once or twice.... :( I also have had them be very gracious... Depends on who you get on the phone... and the alignment of the earth and the moon.... Also had them "Lose" lots..... Good Luck...... and May the Stars Align properly for you :mrgreen:

TJP

Brianrull

ThANKS FOR SOME GOODS, I HOPE THE STARS ARE ALIGN FOR ME TODAY WHEN THEY E-MAIL BACK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks