• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL recovery. Your experiences plz

CharlyArmy

Got all my trucks from Camp Dodge, Iowa. Got in, started up and drove home. Stopped at the Casey's outside the main gate, topped off with diesel and was on my way. I used brake cleaner to remove the paint over the bumper numbers.

o2jmpr

Funny. I actually work at Camp Dodge. My office is in the basement of JFHQ. Sure wish I had a contact here that could do a little under the radar selling. ;) Just kidding folks-dont shoot!

o2jmpr

CharlyArmy's post prompted me to look up the NMTC website. Turns out I DO know someone there! CW 4 Hall is their senior warrant officer and back in 1995 he did a stint as a recruiter and was responsible for much of my pain at Ft. Benning that summer. :)

jedawson1

Looks like Camp Dodge is close enough to be worth a GL gamble, and recovery expense. I have a base by me like that, but they rarely auction off trucks. Hopefully a call to the local gl office or your contact can let you know if they have any trucks waiting the process. Good luck man, I've been wanting to drive my 5ton to Iowa to visit my in laws, they are outside of Muscatine. But 600 miles is a little far for a joy ride.

nmwildman013

Might watch publicsurplus.com too. I see them selling off a lot of deuces in batches up there in Iowa. Most are fire department trucks and some are still camo. Some run and some are just good for parts. I look at the Iowa trucks because my mom lives out side Omaha and I always figured I could make it as far as her house. I just bought a 91 rebuilt M35A2C deuce off public surplus for $1200 here in New Mexico and drove it 200 miles home. Only had 9900 miles. Many of the ones on that website have titles already too - mine did. Just a thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks