• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL reselling trucks

Blythewoodjoe

My post was not my usual smart remarks I am know for, it was a legitimate question. If GL is advertising a "link" on every page is the rule to post a link unnecessary now?

I'll have plenty of those smart remarks for this weekend when I have time to sit down and type out a post about how my DMV has handled my formal complaint about my titleless truck.

mangus580

FMJ said:
Man, you guys are in for it........
FMJ, your point has been made... I have heard enough of it. STOP. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has been chastised, chewed out, deleted, blocked, banned, or anything of the likes for speaking bad about GL. If you continue to suggest that someone has.... YOU will be. I have heard enough of it. PERIOD.

mangus580

Everyone else.... on the posting of the link as Robin did.

2. NO FRIVOLOUS AUCTION POSTING: This means no posting auction links just for the sake of posting. If the item is easily found using a search engine on an auction site, don't post it. SS members are not interested in your every auction whim on a daily basis. If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense.
There is the official rule on link posting. Robyn felt this one was very unique. Original? Strata blue? Never been painted? Thanks for sharing Robyn. Unfortunatly, I would suggest that you not let the guys know about these gems.... It seems they dont like it. Its a shame, as how would anyone know that kind of information about such a truck otherwise?

I have attached a picture of said truck...

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
mangus580 said:
FMJ said:
Man, you guys are in for it........
FMJ, your point has been made... I have heard enough of it. STOP. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has been chastised, chewed out, deleted, blocked, banned, or anything of the likes for speaking bad about GL. If you continue to suggest that someone has.... YOU will be. I have heard enough of it. PERIOD.
From an earlier thread Mike:

mangus580 said:
Oh boy... lets piss of GL and make it so they dont provide ANY 97's again...

GREAT idea.
Any way I was joking around Mike, but message received loud and clear.

Blythewoodjoe

mangus580 said:
Thanks for sharing Robyn. Unfortunatly, I would suggest that you not let the guys know about these gems.... It seems they dont like it. Its a shame, as how would anyone know that kind of information about such a truck otherwise?
Don't blow a hose dude. I don't think anyone didn't want to see the truck or auction. There did seem to be some confusion about what is appropriate in regards to posting the link. There seems to be a lot of friction on here anymore when ANYTHING related to GL is posted. Lots of us don't like them and a few LOVE them. I am one of the "don't like them" people but that had nothing to do with my post.

By the way, will this link be in the advertisement menu? If so I bet it will be seen by more people than this thread.

mangus580

Sorry guys... I just have to take alot of crap, and it wears on a person after a while....

If this is how I snap... I would say call it good! (just ask my wife... I show alot more frustration about it in person)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mike, I have heard that jogging helps with such frustration. Didn't you feel better after that run you got at the Florida rally?! (HEHE, don't kill me.)

Floyd

Emmado, thanks for the link. What a surprise when I opened it.

Floyd Johnson Ordered to Liquidate and Pay More than $100 Million for Fraud
April 25, 2008 – A Federal judge in Sacramento, California, has ordered Floyd Johnson to liquidate and pay more than $100 million for fraud involving his P. O. Box.

The case was investigated by the Defense Criminal Investigative Service, the investigative arm of the DoD Inspector General, and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, with assistance from DoD IG auditors from the Readiness and Operations Support Directorate.

Floyd :(

EdMontana

Question

emmado22 said:
Well, you asked for it, here it is... Let us know how you make out..

http://www.dodig.osd.mil/
Hello,

Saw your post and I also found a link there to submit a complaint but don't think that would be appropriated for GL, do you know to whom I would address the whole GL situation at the DOD?

I am about to start making noise in federal levels with politics about G.L. way to do business and breaking the law in almost every State and I know that lots of other guys are in the same boat.

Best regards,

Ed

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, someone asked for who oversees the contract.. It would be in part, those guys...

What people get confused with is how the contract works, and GL's business practices... For the business practices, that would be the BBB.....

No one at the DOD cares about how long it takes Joe End User to get a SF-97...

I'll go out on a limb here and speculate that basically what the DOD cares about is that there is physical room in the lot for when an item transfers from DRMO hands to GL hands, and that the DOD gets a check for the item when sold, and the correct paperwork gets filled out and into the hands of the DOD.

GL is a business, and if you dont like the policies or proceedures they have, make your voice heard with your dollars and shop elsewhere.... It's that simple. Support your dealers and dont support GL if you dont like how they run things.

Floyd

emmado22 said:
GL is a business, and if you dont like the policies or proceedures they have, make your voice heard with your dollars and shop elsewhere.... It's that simple. Support your dealers and dont support GL if you dont like how they run things.
emmado, you are correct in that if you do not like the way GL does business go elsewhere. The big difference is that GL is a joint venture. The split is near 80%-20% so we can guess the US Government is a major player. This is still the US and not a dictatorship; we do not reside in Cuba. It is still a government run by the people, consequently upper management does care and although the cogs move slowly they never the less respond. Enough complaints and an action will take place. GL is not exempt from criticisms and they do have a contract that does expire. Since it is a lucrative business I’m sure there are other capitalist standing in line just waiting for their opportunity to take over the reigns. Complain enough and maybe we could end up with some one who knows what they are doing.

Floyd

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 100% right. Start a busines that can do what GL does, bid and win the contract when it gets posted on FedBizOps. Run it how you see fit..

Much easier said than done.. Not many can do what they do, and that "past performance" section of the contract will be hard to beat with another company.

Also, who EXACTLY do people complain to? There are guys on SS that went to their DMV, and didnt get anywhere. Has anyone gone to their Congressman/woman and gotten anything OTHER than a your typical boilerplate :"I'll look into it and get back to you" answer?

Who do you suggest?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
Your 100% right. Start a busines that can do what GL does, bid and win the contract when it gets posted on FedBizOps. Run it how you see fit..

Much easier said than done.. Not many can do what they do, and that "past performance" section of the contract will be hard to beat with another company.

Also, who EXACTLY do people complain to? There are guys on SS that went to their DMV, and didnt get anywhere. Has anyone gone to their Congressman/woman and gotten anything OTHER than a your typical boilerplate :"I'll look into it and get back to you" answer?

Who do you suggest?
There is no one to complain too, and BTW GL's/Robyn's boiler plate is just as useless, as are her suggestions to contact GL and explain your problems..........

F.Y.I.
http://www.dodig.osd.mil/hotline/fwacompl.htm

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im on your side, but the point is there really isnt anyone to complain to thats gonna fix the problem. Someone go head, fill out the FWA form. Let us know how far it gets..

So vote with your dollars! Hit them where it hurts... Or dont, and stop compliaining and deal with it.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
Im on your side, but the point is there really isnt anyone to complain to thats gonna fix the problem. Someone go head, fill out the FWA form. Let us know how far it gets..

So vote with your dollars! Hit them where it hurts... Or dont, and stop compliaining and deal with it.
I'm sure all the big surplus dealers would love that, less competition. And this is pure speculation on my part, but I'll bet the bigtime dealers in MV's who buy from GL don't have to wait for their SF97's.......
Robyn, tell me I'm wrong.......

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet that the big guys have plenty of time to wait the 100+ days to get the paperwork. Or another possibility, they are buying the trucks for parts, putting the parts on "paperworked" runners, and in that case, dont need the paperwork.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
FMJ said:
emmado22 said:

I'm sure all the big surplus dealers would love that, less competition. And this is pure speculation on my part, but I'll bet the bigtime dealers in MV's who buy from GL don't have to wait for their SF97's.......
Robyn, tell me I'm wrong.......
I can say that my friends at Memphis Equipment stopped buying from GL for many many months due to the SF97 debacle. This may have changed since.

I know that is not the information that the conspiracy theorists wanted to hear......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that is not the information that the conspiracy theorists wanted to hear......
David, you just had to throw that sentence in there huh? Now that it's been identified as a conspiracy, we'll never hear the end of it. Anyone got Michael Moore's number? LOL :popcorn:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks