• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL sale 3134, anyone get another CUCV?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone here bid on GL auction 3134 and get anything? there were M1008s, M1009s, M1028s at Chambersburg and Aberdeen (my driving range) Just curious, think I got a sleeper.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I was wondering the same thing. I was tracking the two M1009's at Aberdeen and was very, very tempted to jump on both of them. About the only thing that held me back was wondering what the floors looked like in the vehicles. I saw the vehicles had their fluids drained and batteries removed. Not a good sign. I had hoped to make it to Aberdeen early today but the weather shut me down. Oh well.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought a vehicle that had had the fluids drained, my M1028a1, drained because it had been shipped back from Kuwait. Actually it was the best one in that bunch that time. I am high bidder on another M1028, fluids drained, at Chambersburg. Checked it out in September. Hope its still the same by the time I go to pick it up. The 3 trucks at Aberdeen went for $2000-2450. I believe. Not sure on the M1009s.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was trying to get the contact maintenance truck that was at Barstow, Ca. but someone came in at the end and ran the bid over 2500.00, so I backed out......

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Was looking at that one too, but to far from NM....

How much?

Last time I looked at the auction it was around $17-1800?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always find it interesting that the CUCVs go for more than the deuces. I guess the more compact size has a lot to do with it.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maddawg308 said:
I always find it interesting that the CUCVs go for more than the deuces. I guess the more compact size has a lot to do with it.

More utility I imagine......

BUT I STILL WANT A DEUCE......... :twisted:

swyne

I was up in New Hampshire and look at 3 CUCV for auction as per GovLiq back in Sept.
They had bunch of them. I was new at this and did not know what they would sell for so I let them go to get an idea on price. Now since then they have not posted anymore. I had called the base and no one will return a call. They had some real decent ones up there. I'm just looking to make a plow truck and mabe a couple times a week to work truck. Also emailed GovLiq and received a general response. I'm in NY

HeadWizard

Didn't get a vehicle

I didn't get a vehicle but I did snag a pallet that has a complete NOS Air-O-Matic steering kit for a deuce in the box.

Now I suppose I have a reason to keep another one of the Deuces? Still need to get the one that Scrounger hauled out of Ft. Meade for me. Hmmmm.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
swyne said:
I was up in New Hampshire and look at 3 CUCV for auction as per GovLiq back in Sept.
They had bunch of them. I was new at this and did not know what they would sell for so I let them go to get an idea on price. Now since then they have not posted anymore. I had called the base and no one will return a call. They had some real decent ones up there. I'm just looking to make a plow truck and mabe a couple times a week to work truck. Also emailed GovLiq and received a general response. I'm in NY
Acouple M1008s went for under $1000. the week before, GL, chambersburg. Another M1008 went for under $1000., GSA, upstate Pa. The state of Pa. also has auctions every two monthes and there is usually a M1009 are two (sometimes) that are from the Forestry service. Twice this year you could have had one for $400.00. You just have to broaden your search.

fokkerc1

got a CUCV

I bought 1 of the M1009's. $640.00 Now I gotta borrow a tow vehicle (have a tow bar which I used on a previous M1009 out of NH). If ot needs engine work, I have a spare in a can.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: got a CUCV

fokkerc1 said:
I bought 1 of the M1009's. $640.00 Now I gotta borrow a tow vehicle (have a tow bar which I used on a previous M1009 out of NH). If ot needs engine work, I have a spare in a can.
$640, heck of a deal!

fokkerc1

My wife is ticked, sine I hauled one out of NH earlier this year. It runs, but is taking a lot of body work (no bondo, welding). That project is on hold until warm weather, hope the Aberdine unit cooperates, so I can have ONE of them on the road sooner. My TJ Jeep is just too small.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks