• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL- SF 97 - Arizona DMV Title

RedBlok

Just got my title from GL. I was expecting a SF97, but instead got a Title from the Arizona DMV. I'm not complaining. I was just very surprised. It took 24 days to get it. Now I get to go to the VA DMV to get it titled and registered. 24volt lic plate light kit from Erik's is due tomorrow. Hopefully it will be titled and inspected before next week. Fingers crossed.

RedBlok

I know that Va requires the lic plate light. I have heard that as far as a reverse backup light that if it did not come with one, then you are good. I also looked at the inspection criteria and they did not specify. It would not surprise me if they did require it. Other than that, there was one member in VA actually had to have them add Harsco to the manufacturers list. I think the AZ title will make it go more smoothly. I am anticipating the worst, so I can be happily surprised.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be pitching a fit if I get a AZ title for my recent purchase. That makes it an out of state purchase which requires inspections and VIN verifications etc.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AZ titles from GL make it real easy in KY, the inspection is a VIN number verification only. Now a "rebuilt" title will result in a full vehicle inspection; everything gets checked.

Rifleman

Funny thing is i live in Arizona and when i did my SF97 this past March G/L sent me a power of attorney along with a bill of sale from the government. So to get an Arizona title i had to go to the DMV and spend 2 hours with them trying to explane to them what an M925 was, so you guys got it made.

Last edited:

RedBlok

Before I bought my truck, my DMV rep told me to try to get a state DMV issued title. She said it will make it much easier to title it in VA. Apparently they have problems with SF97's. Let's see how it goes on Wed.

mcmullag

I thought I saw on GL in the area about title work is that if GL has determined that your state requires a title instead of a SF97, they send a title. I got a SF 97 and had to have a vin verification because the paperwork was from out of state.

Last edited:

RedBlok

Hey- Just spent 1 hour at VA DMV (20 minutes working with a person). I got the truck titled and registered without any problems. The lady did say that having the title was way easier than the SF 97. The only thing that cost me a bit more was VA requires Truck Tags (private) to be issued (does not require me to have a CDL). The cost was quite a bit more. I now have a paper VA title, registration, plates and will be tackling the VA inspection next. Hopefully it goes well too. Fingers crossed for luck!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got Florida titles for both my trucks from GL. No biggies, just get a temp tag for it and drive it to a place that does VIN inspections. Get it inspected and take that and the title to the BMV and get a new OH title. This is in Ohio.

YMMV

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I am in CT and they send the SF97 here. I spoke with the guy who does the titling and paperwork for GL. He said if you have an address to give him in a state they will send a title instead of the SF97, and you tell him you are going to register the vehicle in that state, that he can send a title instead of the SF97. He said they will send the paperwork to your account address as long as you can give them an address in the state you tell them you are going to reg it in.

RedBlok

Hey- Just spent 1 hour at VA DMV (20 minutes working with a person). I got the truck titled and registered without any problems. The lady did say that having the title was way easier than the SF 97. The only thing that cost me a bit more was VA requires Truck Tags (private) to be issued (does not require me to have a CDL). The cost was quite a bit more. I now have a paper VA title, registration, plates and will be tackling the VA inspection next. Hopefully it goes well too. Fingers crossed for luck!

In my joy and excitement to get out of DMV, I quickly glanced at my Title and Registrations. I made sure the VIN and most of the data was correct. Only this evening did I realize that they listed my truck as 2 axles and not 3 like I had filled out on the form. The DMV worker also said that I did not need the month and year stickers and refused to given them to me. When I questioned her, she said that I was wrong and that Truck Plates - Private don't get stickers. Well - It turns out she is wrong, so I get to go back and get my title corrected and my stickers. Looking on the bright side, I did get my title and registration done, plates installed and lic plate light hooked up. - Oh Well