• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL shipping

johnray13

Does anyone have a line on cheap motor freight for shipping a GL gen set?

I used the GL shipping tab and got a quote of $1500. Granted it is shipping 1300 lbs clear across the country but I expected it to be about 1/3 of that.

Has anyone else had a generator shipped motor freight?

John

Triple Jim

When I bought an MEP-003A last summer, I used uShip to collect competing bids from shippers. I think the bid I chose was $370 to move it about 450 miles from Tennessee to here. The uShip experience was good for me, but I did it that way only that one time. Some bids were a lot higher, like $1200.

ARYankee

Yeah, you should try uShip. I did a couple years ago to ship my non running M1009 from Ft. Hood to my house in Arkansas. I got a great deal on shipping.

Jimc

just out of curiosity when you have a shipper do this, gl will release the gen to the shipper and load it on the truck or its completely up to the shipper to deal with? do you have to pick from a select group of shippers that will only deal with gl or any shipping co will do?

ARYankee

GL will deal with whomever you give permission to pick up your item. You just have to sign that part of the invoice and email/fax it to the shipper. What I did was put as much detail into my listing as possible and I made sure to ask the shippers if it would be an issue for them to get onto Ft. Hood. You may want to do the same because some folks don't want the hassle of getting onto a military facility. As far as loading assistance, it is a site by site basis. It may be listed in your auction that GL will assist. Give the GL site where your item is located a call and double check that.

ARYankee

I understand that, same here until I got the M1009. :) Make sure to look at the feedback of the shippers that make the bids. If you have any more questions we are here to help. Good luck!

Walt4653

Hi, try NEMF NEW ENGLAND MOTOR FREIGHT, LOOK AT THEIR WEB SITE, SEE WHAT STATE YOUR SHIPPING FROM AND TO YOUR DESTINATION, ( WHERE THEY GO IS IN MAROON) AND IF YOU WANT A GOOD PRICE CALL MAINNUMBER ASK FOR TRAFFIC AND THEY WILLGIVE A FAIR PRICE.
Preen dealing with them for 20 yrs.
walt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks