• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL site down - extending auctions?

jesusgatos

Was watching several auctions, intending to buy a few things today. But when I sat down at about 1:30pm PST to place bids, their site was down. Could not get past the homepage. Called and talked to customer service, and they confirmed that their site was down. Was able to load a few pages over the next half-hour, and watched these auctions close at 2pm. Think I might have submitted bids on a few, but there's no way to know for sure. GL customer service representatives said there's a possibility that they might extend the auctions that were affected, but that as of now, they were going to let them remain closed. Was told that I would be notified if/when they were re-opened. Wondering, has this happened before? How did GL handle it? What's most likely to happen in this case?

3dAngus

They usually extend the auctions for 24 hours.
It has happened several times before.
The servers cannot handle the volume. IMprovements have been made, but looks like something "special" happened this time around. The site is still having issues as of 6PM. It is erratic, at best.

Doomsday

I hope this gets resolved too cuz I believe I won my auction. Started saying site was down with 25 min left and I couldn't check status of my bid until just now and it says the event closed and my lot was won with the bid I put in so gonna call tomorrow and get this straightened out so I can get my paperwork going and get my winning product.
I swear, figures this would happen, been watching event closely for 2 weeks, waiting patiently and bam, server crashes, nice......past bid history says I won though so I pray this doesn't get screwed up cuz of their server issue.

Artisan

Yep FOXNEWS did online stories about GL AND they did stories on TV throughout the entire Los Angeles area. I suspect the servers were flooded and yes, prices just went up.

dk8019

This explains some things. I won what looks like a nice 923A2 for a lot less than I paid for my last, very rough 820. No EUC, paid in full invoice today, and if I can ever get a hold of the yard, I'll pay them a visit in a week to bring her home.

SLOrazorsedge

I had same experience. Sent an email to GL when the "server down" error popped in during the last 45 mins of the auction. I was locked out of bidding from 1615 hrs EST on. Called today and they verified the servers crashed. I asked why the auction was not extended. The response "management made the decision not to" and nothing says we are required to. All I can say is the guys who got the 16 rebuilt M932A2's out of French Camp "skinned a fat hog!" I can only imagine the deals guys got across the nation....

jesusgatos

I had same experience. Sent an email to GL when the "server down" error popped in during the last 45 mins of the auction. I was locked out of bidding from 1615 hrs EST on. Called today and they verified the servers crashed. I asked why the auction was not extended. The response "management made the decision not to" and nothing says we are required to. All I can say is the guys who got the 16 rebuilt M932A2's out of French Camp "skinned a fat hog!" I can only imagine the deals guys got across the nation....
Yup. Some of those winch tractors with less than 100 miles on them sold for less than $3000.

Doomsday

I was extremely lucky and thankful I was one of those guys :D Can't wait to go pick up my nearly new tractor next week! :p

Got a great deal of course but unfortunately I wasn't able to keep bids under $3000 but paying less than $5000 for such a truck is a God Send......

pmramsey

m796 bolster trailers went for $46 and $146 each at Ft Lee, Virginia. However, one M796 when for $501 but it was bid up prior to the downed website.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhhhh....yes, I am one of those lucky ones who got an m932A2 out of French camp....for cheaaaappp.
After 1pm or so I checked and noticed no one was bidding and site was slow....real slow. Looking at final bids on all the trucks I noticed that they didn't go over like 4100.00 I think...but that was the highest....most went for between 3-3500

i got this truck for almost half what I paid for my 931A2....

what made me even bid was that I was up at site on tues and was able to start and check out all the trucks...oonly one or 2 were DOA but all others started right up.

Oh, and I have come to pay no attention to the odometer and hours meter on these Reset trucks....all these trucks came from being reset...some had 4hrs and 150miles, others that are identical in all aspects have 23k miles with 4hrs....one truck had 1300hrs and 170 miles on it....not sure what the criteria is when they go through reset.
My m931a2 had 140miles and 4hrs on it....the new 932A2 has 9hrs and 23k, all the BII boxes are sealed from the Reset factory with all the tire change kit contents....folks paid a premium to get the low hr and low mileage units. But due to the issues the website had, I'm convinced that played a big part in the lower then normal prices for these Winched beauties...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks