• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Spamming?

cpf240

Has anyone else been getting spammed by GL recently?

I must have received 100+ emails from them in the last 24 hours, all the same upcoming auction stuff...

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you picked up a evil BUG . Try and find a program to remove it . good luck !

cpf240

Well, I just got *32* more messages from GL, and only from GL. All other messages, functions, etc are fine. Fully update A/V running, and no issues reported otherwise...

DrillerSurplus

If they are mostly duplicates, it may be something in the way your computer is syncing with the email server. Mostly I've seen that happen with MS Outlook where it somehow doesn't recognize that it has already downloaded an email, so your computer downloads the message again & again every time it updates.

cpf240

I'm running Thunderbird, and the problem is only happening with the auction ads from GL. They have been coming in waves. As my settings have Thunderbird checking for email every 15 minutes or so, I would have thought it would happen each time it checks for new email if it was a sync issue. The emails are supposed to be deleted from the POP server once they are downloaded, so I have to believe that GL is sending them over and over again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks