• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Using the best SEABEE Truck

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
While I was in Leavenworth Kansas in August this truck was parked out back of my hotel for a night and I had to investigate it is licenced to GL for hauling semis and boy would I like to bid on this but it probably will never get into our hands.

It is one sweet truck

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've seen a few of these Ford's on GL.

peecook

Chappy, there is one in Richmond, going up on auction i think start date of the 16th. i walked around looking at a few of the trucks, this one included. its not a 5th wheel, but an extremely long flatbed. i also didnt start it but was told she ran well.

Looks clean but if it has the 7.8 Brazilian made Ford Diesel run away as fast as you can!!! We couldn't even get a trade in price on customers trucks when were speced with the 7.8 diesel as none of the big dealers we worked with wanted that engine. Looks like somebody has a slow day at GL due to the "interesting" greasing job of the fifth wheel. You still can't beat the stout apperance of the M818's in my opinion.
Andy

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,By law headlights must be between 24" and 54inch measured from the Center of the headlight to the level ground with teh vehicle unloaded.Most jacked up 4x4 trucks can be ticketed cause of headlight infractions if they really wanted to be a butt about it.Also low rider vehicles can also get ticketed if it the lights are below 24" from the ground.

Flea

I think I'd have to put in a set of lights in the stock location... even if I used the ones in the bumper as the primary lights. It just looks weird.

But I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers. :lol:

mightyhammer

Do the folks who work for GL get employee dicounts or any fringe bennies...I don't think I could handle working for them. Anyone know that weird cool feeling you get when you find a junkyard with a bunch of cool stuff in it? Imagine having to work there and have to see all that stuff go away all the time! ITS MINE I SAY.....MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE...ALL MINE!!! GO AWAY!!!

EdMontana

mightyhammer said:
Do the folks who work for GL get employee dicounts or any fringe bennies...I don't think I could handle working for them. Anyone know that weird cool feeling you get when you find a junkyard with a bunch of cool stuff in it? Imagine having to work there and have to see all that stuff go away all the time! ITS MINE I SAY.....MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE...ALL MINE!!! GO AWAY!!!

Funny thing is that the truck still belong to the U.S. Government (license plates) but it's being used by a non government employee (GL).....in case of an accident, death, property damage etc...who gets the liability?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks