• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL was easy!

wrench

GL was SLEAZY!!!

After 2 years, 9 trucks, 2 generators and a trailer-$20,000.+ I bid on an m816 wrecker ( this is the only time I put in a reserve and at the last minute someone-GL- jacked it up) anyways I won the wrecker, submitted the EUC on time, as always, got the "sent to Battle Creek" and waited. Checking back in every day on the status. Little did I know my credit card did not clear-or GL screwed up. On 12-1 I went to check on the EUC and I found that my account had been suspended. So I called customer service, they informed me that I was in default, the invoice cancelled and I lost my lot. They said they sent an email to that fact but I know I never recieved it, I always get out-bid notices informing that I should bid again. I asked if I could wire transfer the money right then-NOPE. Send an email to info@gl and they will review your account. I did asking to do a wire transfer ASAP so I could complete the transaction, on Monday they finally got back via email informing that I was in default and could get my account back by paying the 25% fee with nothing in return. I feel like I was not given a chance even though as soon I found out that my credit card didnt clear I would pay then via wire transfer. Its pretty ****ty when a company can demand $1600. for a technicality that could have been resolved a day after the deadline. No more GL for me!

3dAngus

On the auction process, and bidding at the last minute, I DON'T do it. Even so, I find that every auction process has a reason for it and the best thing one could do is learn the rules, and go with the flow.

One reason why someone would bid at the last minute is, his strategy is to "hope" that the guy he is bidding against is off line or doesn't pick up on the last minute bid. He therefore, wins by default because the competition is off line for one reason or another.

Nothing wrong with that. He studied the rules, and developes a strategy. Buying at auction is a business transaction. As long as everybody abides by the rules, whatever they may be, it is all fair game, and it is all fair. Learn the game, and play well.

I've been outbid in the last few minutes several times. It hurts, but I understand going into it that is the game we play. Not GL's fault. I just set my price, and live with it.

Unforgiven

After 2 years, 9 trucks, 2 generators and a trailer-$20,000.+ I bid on an m816 wrecker ( this is the only time I put in a reserve and at the last minute someone-GL- jacked it up) anyways I won the wrecker, submitted the EUC on time, as always, got the "sent to Battle Creek" and waited. Checking back in every day on the status. Little did I know my credit card did not clear-or GL screwed up. On 12-1 I went to check on the EUC and I found that my account had been suspended. So I called customer service, they informed me that I was in default, the invoice cancelled and I lost my lot. They said they sent an email to that fact but I know I never recieved it, I always get out-bid notices informing that I should bid again. I asked if I could wire transfer the money right then-NOPE. Send an email to info@gl and they will review your account. I did asking to do a wire transfer ASAP so I could complete the transaction, on Monday they finally got back via email informing that I was in default and could get my account back by paying the 25% fee with nothing in return. I feel like I was not given a chance even though as soon I found out that my credit card didnt clear I would pay then via wire transfer. Its pretty ****ty when a company can demand $1600. for a technicality that could have been resolved a day after the deadline. No more GL for me!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I will say though that I too have some question as to whether GL pads the prices during the last few minutes of the auctions. I've watched several auctions, and participated in several as well, where the price jumped by literally thousands of dollars during that last few minutes. The funny thing is, I saw the SAME trucks on GL about a month later. Not similar, the SAME, out of Nellis AFB in Las Vegas.

That made me a bit suspicious to say the least. Supposedly the trucks sold for something like $495 but yet they were listed 2-4 weeks later. That time they sold for 2 grand. I'm talking about a dozen trucks, not just one. I watched a whole batch of M35's supposedly close for just a few hundred bucks. They were back online a month later. That'll raise an eyebrow for sure.

Still, what I paid was a fair price for the truck. It should have been for $1200 but ended up being $2500.

GoinNutts

I was not so lucky! I won a Auction in Oct '10 for a M1031 in Barstow. I paid w/ Paypal and did all the paperwork and received the my EUC clearance and invoice last week. I made an appointment with the same Dave fellow (who was very nice) and went out yesterday to p/u my truck. The M1031 I bid on had 2179 miles and a dozen pics of a very nice truck. When I arrived the truck they offered me was a beat up weathered truck with over 39K miles. Well right next to the pile they said was mine was the truck they pictured in the auction that I bid on with 2179 miles w/ the exact same dents and misc parts sitting on the front seat that was pictured. Dave informed me they made a mistake and listed the truck wrong and I was going to get this weathered pile. I declined to take the truck. After getting home I looked up the 2 different lot and event numbers and it turns out they used the same description, mileage and photos for 2 different auctions. They sold me the truck in Oct and to some one else in Dec. They have had my money for 2 months and am now waiting for them to send a claim from so I can try to get my money back. They said it will take 24-48 hours to get a blank form???? Once I submit this form they will investigate and who knows. My advise to anyone is to go and preview everything from these people so you do not get this headache or buy from private party. It was an expensive waste of time for me and I will think twice before going back.

mf5129

its not gl they arent allowed to purchase.it a conflict issue.there are civilian employees at bases that can and do buy.some have umlimited access.i met one at warner robbins.he showed me around and told me of some of his purchases.its just being able to be there to see whats sold has an advantage.

paulfarber

The truck I won was re-listed due to a default from another auction. Found out when I went to look at it. Guy that works the lot in Mechanicsburg seems pretty straight up and honest.

So far my first win is going like it should.

If I ever did anther auction I would preview (as SO MANY people have said) and would be prepared to walk away from a bad transaction (ie chargeback) at GL.

GL is nothing to me.. I can live without them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks