• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glad Hand Valve & Tow Lights

LibertyDeuce

I have two questions. I am going to pick up a M103A1 trailer in the next two weeks.

First question. The valve handle on the deuces rear valves, in order to open the valve, is the handle parallel to the pipe or perpendicular to the pick to be open?

Second question. How do I tap the brake light circuit using using a spider harness to wire up tow brake lights?

Thanks
:D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The valves on mine are opposite most ball valves. When the handle is parallel, it's closed, when perpendicular, it's open. Pretty annoying to someone who uses ball valves and installs them. Easy enough to find out, just turn the valve on the passenger's side, it will blow air when there is air in the tanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you asked about the valves on the back of the deuce, I'm assuming that is what you are going to get the trailer with. If that is the case, you needn't do anything with the M103 trailer other than plug it into the truck. Then again, if the trailer has no harness, it's best to get an old trailer plug and tap it. I'm not keen in splicing into harnesses unless I have to.

LibertyDeuce

Kenny
You always come through!!! You are AWESOME!!! Your assumptions are correct and thanks you for the much needed info and wisdom. And yes, the trailer DOES have the hook up cable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little enterpring shortcuts I've had to take in the past when I came less that prepared. Once hooked up if one of your trailer lights isn't working, it's not to difficult to snatch a tailight assy off the truck and swap the. Love the interchangeability of these trucks and trailers

cbvet

FYI
The gladhand valves are very common natural/LP gas shutoff valves as used in homes since about forever.
If they leak, you can usually take them apart & clean them. A little Break-Free or other Teflon lube works well on them. To stop a slight leak, you may only have to tighten the stem nut a little.
And I too, would never cut into an intact harness unless there was really no choice.
Eric
CBVET