• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glad I have my deuce

gunboy1656

Well I went to tried playing in the 19" deep snow with my Dodge Dakota. While trying to clear a path to go to work tonight, it got stuck in my parking lot. We share a parking lot with a church.

Tried everything I could to get the little truck out with no luck. Got it to slide sideways, but that's it. So I walked back across and got out the big pull truck. after digging it out, I tried moving....NO luck....just having the 6 wheel locked out I was spinning tires in its parking spot. locked in the 6 wheel. And out it popped.

Pulled up to it hooked it up with the 12,000 pound straps I have, and out it came...sort of. It went back again sideways, pulled up the deuce again, tug just a little farther and it was free.

We have 19" in the flats, 13 on the side of our hill, and 30 at the end of our parking lot. Since I had the deuce running I made sure to open a spot so I can get out to work tonight.

I don't have pics of the recovery, but got the before pics.

Pic 1 - an hour after the snow started.
Pic 2 - 8 hours after
pic 3 - 0800 this morning
pic 4 - My pickup
Pic 4 - wife's car
pic 5 and on - That is a lot of snow

Attachments

gunboy1656

Just got a text from a friend of mine. she had a carport with an Infaniti in it. NOTE I said had. Sometime last night it all came down on her car.

Luckily the snow is melting already.

Already took the snow off my truck tops.

Last edited:

colin455

Quite the pile of "Northern Alberta rain" you got there. At least yours melts in the same month. I figured it out and here we had snow almost 8 months last year.
Really gotta move some day.
However lake is 75x12 miles and 6 min from work. Can fish for 40 min on my lunches during summer. Can hunt 6 min from work. More trucks in town than cars and 10" lifts not uncommon.
There is an upside.
Still hate snow though.:mrgreen:

baxter

That snow reminds me of Hancock MD back in 1995 we got a ton of snow then it melted and the patomic river flooded the town.I hope that doesnt happen this year.