• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gladhand Shut Off Valve size

Somemedic

I've consulted the manual to no avail. Is the 1/4 turn valve that shuts off the air to the emergency gladhand a regular, run of the mill 3/4" valve? Mine appears to be leaking. I will probably end up thrashing that whole assembly to replace it. Things that old don't want to come apart easy.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to replace mine as well, I want to modify the air system gladhands in the rear to allow direct attachment of a disconnecting air hose for air tools. The valve will be replaced along with it, for a modern-type upgrade.

Thanks for the info.

Angus1

I will have to replace mine as well, I want to modify the air system gladhands in the rear to allow direct attachment of a disconnecting air hose for air tools. The valve will be replaced along with it, for a modern-type upgrade.

Thanks for the info.
Keep your glad hands, buy another and put a female quick connect in the extra glad hand. when you want to run tools or air hook up the hand with the quick connect, then you still have the stock glad hand for trailering.

Alredneck

Banned
Im not sure about on the deuce but I believe its the same as the 5tons and the Gringle is correct as its a 1/2", I had to replace mine a few weeks ago on my M54 after a jeep TJ decide to rearrange my back corner a lil. Lowes has all the parts except the gladhand itself. I got my gladhands from NAPA for I believe less than 4.00 on sell. Also I would consider upgrading to brass fittings instead of the potmetal so they are less likely to fatigue and crack flexing around out back, I broke several ( of course they probably wore original 50 yr old ones but still ) makes sense to go to better material sense its doesnt cost that much more. .02:-D

Alredneck

Banned
As for running air tools, I bought a couple cheap 1/2" 50ft air lines from grainger when on sell for 7.00 a piece a while back and hooked a gladhand to one end and a disconnect to the other now I have enough hoses for 2 per truck ( 2 trucks worth ) but also carry a gladhand with a nipple fitting on it to pulg in so if im towing another truck I can use the same hoses to feed air to the back rig and use its brakes like trailer brakes. Its really handy and in all I think I have less than 50 bucks in parts for all the stuff to outfit 2 trucks for tow duty.

Somemedic

I'd like a diagram/pics of ur set up redneck along with the rest of you guys to compare. I can't get mine apart to even take off. I did assemble a bunch of parts for the purpose of running tools and I'm using a 3/8" hose with a gladhand connect. Figured it would keep the air flowing to the tool better than using 1/2". I did consider running a quick connect in the cab for "blanket situations" with a smaller fitting. Not sure yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks