• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glandhand coupler for Deuce air hose accessory

houdel

I'm not an expert at gladhands, but looking at the details at NAPA on line yields some worthwhile information. The ones on my Deuce look more like the 1145x and 1146x series of glandhands; the 1143x are the flexible spring loaded type which I think are used on trailers, not on tractors/trucks. The 1145x series have a full face seal and are not filtered, the 1146x series has a Protect-O seal and are filtered. The individual numbers within the series identify whether the gladhand is plain or color coded (blue for service, red for emergency).

I suspect the seal types are interchangeable, otherwise it would really screw up the trucking industry. The 1146x series are probably a "premium" line. I would expect the 1145x are closest to what comes on the Deuce, specifically the MBI11450 in plain finish unless you have a pressing urge to switch to color coded gladhands. The only spec not given in NAPAs catalog is the pipe thread size, maybe they are all the same? I would think the MBI11450 should work out OK for you.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, wish you would have said something, I have an xtra one. could have got it Sunday.

Re: RE: Glandhand coupler for Deuce air hose accessory

WillWagner said:
Gary, wish you would have said something, I have an xtra one. could have got it Sunday.
Oh man. Will I owe you my first born already. I'll check on the tips Westfolk and Houdel gave.
Besides, I get things at cost from the NAPA store here as I letter all their trucks for my cost.
Hey where's that insignia art so I can make you a window sticker?

By the way Will, I forgot to mention that I have a setup for seating the inside seal when you get ready to do that hub. If you are not in a hurry I may be able to come there and help you with the necessary toolage.

Westfolk -

Yes your thread with the shot of the coupler prompted me to look for the gladhand at NAPA - which resulted in this posting. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks