• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glass dimensions for M923a2 please

Farnorth

I've got a 1991 M923a2 to pick up. I was going to change out the passenger windshield glass for the trip home, as it has taken a good stone. Does anyone know the dimensions and thickness so I can get one cut before pulling it? Thanks.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find the NSN for the glass in the TMs. NSN 9340-01-109-5934

Enter the NSN into Parttarget.com and you'll get the information below.

9340-01-109-59349340011095934Glass, Laminated04006
9340-01-109-5934 Features

MRCParameterCharacteristics
AAFWPLY Quantity1
ABHPOverall Length32.840 inches nominal
ABMKOverall Width16.530 inches nominal
ADUMOverall Thickness0.250 inches nominal
AJQEMaterial TransparencyClear
MATTMaterialGlass safety
STYLStyle DesignatorChamfered corners

charger53

I've got a 1991 M923a2 to pick up. I was going to change out the passenger windshield glass for the trip home, as it has taken a good stone. Does anyone know the dimensions and thickness so I can get one cut before pulling it? Thanks.
If you have one cut be sure they use safety glass designed for a windshield. If something should happen.... even a large rock you will be glad you did.

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
can anyone tell me what might be wrong with both my windows DS/PS when the door's are shut they are extremely hard to wind. Open the doors they are better but not good. I removed the access panel and greased and lubed the tracks etc still the same stiff.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard top? Pressure between the windshield and the back of the cab... There's a lot of flex possible. Same problem, need to figure out what's pinching.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the side seals for the window as you roll it up. The bottom corner could fold and drag as mine does sometimes. The seal could just drag in general too. This would not be an issue with the door open.

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea it is a hard top. with the door open it rolls up feels like its riding up in sandpaper. I roll it up the then close the door and finish rolling it up to well to be somewhat water tight lol

charger53

Mine drags on the window seals and is very hard to roll up with the doors closed. You can use silcone lube in the edge window tracks to help some when the door is open. I plan on taking all the window seals off and designing something that fits better and maybe seals one day before winter... I bet I can find a automotive seal that will work better and maybe build up the hard top to fit better around the windows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks