• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gloss Black Hummer with Tan

JC Clark

I appreciate everyones compliments on the hummers. I hope the price drops a little too. The problem is the government is not letting them go. They are getting pretty hard to get. I am sure that once they get full use out of them, the humvee will be released into the public more.

nattieleather

I saw one similar to that excpet it was a slant top and had GO ARMY.COM and the Big Star logo... the local recruiter was using it. The other interesting thing was under the slant top was a killer sound system...that thing thumped and boomed. I asked the recruiter why they did that to a HMMWV and he said to attract the teen kids. I said I suppose you tell them if they join they'll get a Hummvee just like this one..He just smiled at me.... lol
:lol:

Green_gator

I keep hoping that they will surplus out the old HMMWVs but am not holding my breath. Now that the civilian Hummer is dead maybe we can get some movement and not have to battle corporate lobbying so that it does not cut into their $100K H1 sales. I would rather take a surplus HMMWV that has been reconditioned over a new four door Jeep Wrangler any day. I have an old one and the newest version has to many cheap, Chrylser parts and seems to have lost some of it's soul. Not sure how expensive they are from your company but if they are in the Jeep price range it is a fair deal. Are they all titled for street use so that it is not an issue?

gunboy1656

I saw one similar to that excpet it was a slant top and had GO ARMY.COM and the Big Star logo... the local recruiter was using it. The other interesting thing was under the slant top was a killer sound system...that thing thumped and boomed. I asked the recruiter why they did that to a HMMWV and he said to attract the teen kids. I said I suppose you tell them if they join they'll get a Hummvee just like this one..He just smiled at me.... lol
:lol:

That one was built as part of a competition between mechanics, to see who can build the best recruiting truck. There was one that was being built in a shop, that had the frame, axles and wheels from an M939, power train was from an M113. This thing was massive.

Only requirements I can recall, is it had to be built from scrap vehicles and had to be road worthy.

WOLFMAN1

yeah sell my truck, van, bronco, left kidney on the black market, sell my cat to science research, and survive from my wife trying to kill me for buying a humvee instead of a house. yep it's all worth it. yeah right thanks wish i was rich.

maynard83

It's all about supply and demand. If there is high demand and low inventory they will sell at that price, if not they will hold on to them for a while. Unfortunately for the majority of the members here, the price is way out of their range. The pricing I see on the market for these start at around the 30-35K mark.