• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glovebox Door

ssdvc

The hinge on my glovebox in my 09 is splitting apart. Does anyone make the plastic inner box any more? I don't think a plastic welder would work (due to the hinge action) and I tried a metal hinge but could make it work (perhaps I am not smart enough).

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just open up a Truck Restoration Parts store in Alaska and then all the shipping will be paid buy others..... :mrgreen:

ssdvc

Anyone use the LMC part? I am trying to buy as little Chinese parts as possible, but I know duct tape won't last and the junk yard ones have the same issue.

gungearz

Have you considered fixing the one you have with fiberglass...? they do sell fiberglass sheets and the resin at the local auto parts store... it's easy, simple to use and work with... I've patched a few cracked fiberglass bumpers and it was sturdier then the rest of the bumper...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plastic hinge is what breaks. It box and hinge are one unit. It screws onto the door cover.

FatBuddhaBoo

I got one at the junkyard today that was in great shape for $10 I think the only solution aside from a major modification is to simply use the glove box as little as possible. I would think though that a small piano hinge attached to plastic or metal door cover would do the trick, which I might try next time should the junkyard replacement fail.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I repaired my broken hinge by using a piece of harness leather.
Works great.
IMG_1736.JPG

ssdvc

I like the leather strip repair. I may try that. If it doesn't work for me I can always order the new plastic portion from LMC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks