• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glovebox revival!

Wy-m880

Just got my accuform (Dash cap) Glove box shell today, $75.00 from Stock interiors, Almost worth it been on the search for a good glove box for both m880 and m886, but this might help all in same boat

1. Remove glove box, clean well, i used goo gone it also softened plastic vinyl for good adhesion

2. test fitted, has to trim high spots and loose debris, trimmed alot of nasties

3. i started to use supplied adhesive, this almost reminds me of "shoe goo", used it around edges and button hole

4. press all edges i notices it wanted to pull away, i had no bungies, so next best thing (electrical black tape)

i will post finished product and my review
2cents

Attachments

busbart

Just got my accuform (Dash cap) Glove box shell today, $75.00 from Stock interiors, Almost worth it been on the search for a good glove box for both m880 and m886, but this might help all in same boat

1. Remove glove box, clean well, i used goo gone it also softened plastic vinyl for good adhesion

2. test fitted, has to trim high spots and loose debris, trimmed alot of nasties

3. i started to use supplied adhesive, this almost reminds me of "shoe goo", used it around edges and button hole

4. press all edges i notices it wanted to pull away, i had no bungies, so next best thing (electrical black tape)

i will post finished product and my review
2cents
Hi Chuck, not to revive from the death, but just curious,cause i've the same problem...

How did it go? and do you have a adress where you bought that?

Wy-m880

its a ok fix, i have to say the could have molded the center around the button better, as far as i can say i would do it again if i needed to, i hope some day us dodge people get some replacement parts for our old rides than scavenge or putting bandaids on problematic interior parts, sad is we fight for the same black interior as the lil red express, so a NOS glove box is in the 200 dollar range the address is stock interiors

i will try to get a pic up for end result right now trying to get stuff moved to my new 5 acres so choas is in movinghttp://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCaps.asp?Itemid=13548&MakeId=33&ModelId=160

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks