• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug card question

dstang97

Did some researching and it seems that people that have a bad card have physical damage. Can you have a bad card that is not burnt? I swapped cards to verify if I had a working card and I did not. No physical damage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, not always visible when bad

dstang97

I remember in the past people were talking about fixing these. Has anyone figured them out?

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
All you need is a Huntron Tracker and a meter. . . .

And the parts...

And 2M skills. . . (circuit board repair)

Etc. . .

Or spend the bucks for a new/rebuilt military board, or bypass the mess with a push button switch.

D T

I bought a used one off of ebay ,"worked in my truck"... well my truck would not run at all,absolutely no visual damage,it wouldnt start or run or anything

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have several here. They're used but were checked out by plugging them into my CUCV and trying them. PM me if interested.

blaep4110

It could be that there is a disruption in the module or something along those lines if your glowplugs aren't heating up. The wiring scheme in a cucv is madness.

Oh, yeah almost forgot if your desperate and your vehicle is fueled up and is good to go you could try using ether. Just saying.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...The wiring scheme in a cucv is madness.
The CUCV wiring is one of the most simple systems out there. And the wiring diagrams are free and way better than what you get in Haynes or Chiltons.

You have to have a PhD in Electrical Engineering to work on todays cars.

To troubleshoot the Glowplug system, the technical manual TM 9-2320-289-34 has an excellent section that covers checking all the wiring, sensors, etc. It does not cover testing the components on the GP controlller Board.

....you could try using ether. Just saying.
I also have used ether, only after I have made sure the glowplug system was disabled. Ether and warm glowplugs make for a BIG BANG...

Last edited:

fuzzpuss

my truck cranks but doesn't start... and I hear a clicking on and off while in the run position is it supposed to continue to click on/off while the key is in the run position?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks