• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug card repair

84cucv1ton

i have these things all over. im pretty sure a lot of it you can get from radio shack. what cant you get there and does anyone know were i can?? thanks

Attachments

K9Vic

i have these things all over. im pretty sure a lot of it you can get from radio shack. what cant you get there and does anyone know were i can?? thanks
Radio Shack is nothing like it was 1-2 years ago and chances are you can not get it there anymore as they are have taken "Radio" out of the name. They no longer have the electronic components in the drawers or stuff to build or repair electronics. You may be able to still find a classic Radio Shack, but they are getting hard to find. Radio Shark started to get bad for me when they discontinued the universal radio mounting kit in 2003.

Wile E. Coyote

You can still buy them from the Chevy dealer if you want. I had a couple that malfunctioned because the capacitors near the leading-edge of the card (nearest the end you have to grab to pull out of the card socket) had cold solder joints (poor connections) that needed to be resoldered. Failing that, the army changed out the temp sensors and the relays in that system thanks to repeated failures so you should make sure those mods have been done too. Personally - if I were going to keep the auto system in a CUCV - I'd retrofit the later system where the controller and the relay are a single package.

Stihl029

I repair them I have repaired several at a 2m station. I have posted part numbers and distributors as well as others. as far as a schematic or a diagram, I have not made one nor have I foumd one. it should not be to difficult. I do have the values of the majority of the resistors; I have started a build list for one but have yet to complete it. hit me up if you need some assistance.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/1...ement-transistor-q2-gp-module-12034592-a.html

gaunt1969

all the parts but one are standard, the 14 pin chip I have not been able to find anything on it, It does controll everything in the system, I have come to the conclusion it is a "one off" from motorolla. I have not been able to find anything even at motorolla on the chip. It appears to be a micro-controller made specifically for this application, and not avalible for resale anywhere. Every thing else you can find at any electronics part store.

Stilhl029 if you know what the 14 pin is or a repacement number please let me know.

q2=2N6388

Last edited:

btrapr

The reason I asked about a diagram I have dealt with a guy in past who could probably make a board and kit or improve it and make boards...

He is a retired electronics engineer...He has tweaked and created several boards...

I thought I could give him a try and see if he is willing to make boards sicne there is obviously a market_______and with on-line auctions running out aorund $70-90... HE might be interesdted

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm getting really close to getting this figured out everyone. Keep your finger's crossed.
Did you receive the bad card I sent you? Looking forward to a solution. Where is my popcorm smiley?

Stihl029

Gaunt, I have cross refferenced several ways and several times and found the integrated circuit to have a current NSN of 5962-01-286-2238. the commercial PN that I list on the page previously posted is LM139AJ which can be found on the Mouser site here as well.
TLC339MN Texas Instruments Comparator ICs
I looked at the data sheet and they do appear to be about what would plug into the board. I am no electrical enginner there have been alot of part cross refferences going on, just an electronics technician that likes wrenching and wheeling. Hopefully I am helping out and not hurting the situation. I wish I could find a gold disk for our 2m station that would be the best for testing these cards out.

This seems to work as well:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=LM2901N

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....Stilhl029 if you know what the 14 pin is or a repacement number please let me know.

q2=2N6388
From Post #11 Sthihl029 listed this...................................

I know I am bringing up an older post here but thought that this may help out. The IC Chip that is listed above as LM339 crossed to mulitple NSN's The current one is 5962-01-088-3862. This NSN crossed to multiple P/N's I found a valid one of LM139AJ at Allied electronics: Search results for "LM139AJ" - Allied Electronics

btrapr

does someone have a BAD card that I can get off of them...

The guy I am tlaking about can etch boards, design, repair, improve...I would love to get an old board in his hands and see what he says...

Thanks

ssgtwright-usmc

I can repair them but radio shack has become more of a cell phone and computer store.
In the days they had everything electric and now its just cable connecters and ect.
I can repair them but I have to order the parts which now cost money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks