• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug choices possible?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I pulled out the old glow plugs since it was taking two cycles to start and the old ones are labeled with a 070 on the hex head and are Wellman 6 A 843G115 on the barrel. I put in ones that have 289 on the hex and 19207-12338771 on the barrel. Am I going to be OK with this swap or am I headed down the wrong crick?

Blake

Blake

The -115 plugs you took out are the wellman part numbered plugs for the HMMWv

The 19207-12338771 is the military number for the Hmmwv glow plugs

I have the -115 Hmmwv plugs in mine now and have the resistor bypassed and it seems to short cycle the plugs but cranks OK and hasnt hurt the controller.

Doesn't start as good as the 070's with the resistor working (way it is suppose to be). With the HMMWV plugs, my engine has to turn over about 4-5 times before it starts on a 30-40 degree morning. With the 070's and good resistor, it fires up immediately. Ill put the 070's back in when I get a chance. I was doing an experiment with the HMMWV plugs.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Blake

Thanks I am now thinking my son ran the truck out of fuel since it is not starting at all now and I am going to have to fix that in the morning. The funny thing is the truck has the round connectors that is why I put in the plugs I did and not the spade ones I was prepared to install

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks