• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug connectors - how loose is too loose?

AJMBLAZER

So I just put my new Wellman 070's in. Was happily surprised to find that the plugs already in it were some well used Wellman 070's and yep, they weren't swollen at all, just crusty and coated in diesel.

HOLY CRAP IS THIS WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO START LIKE?! :D 8)

Anyways, while replacing them I noticed several of the connectors on the wires that slip onto the ends of the glowplugs are a bit loose. A few snap right on and take some persuading to come off but a few slide right on and off. How loose is too loose?

CCATLETT1984

it should be a fairl firm connection, no wiggling once they are on. you can tighen them up with a pair of needle-nose plyers. Just put them on a spare spade connector and crimp the rolled sides lightly, might take a few times (you dont want to press too hard. Or go spend a few dollars and buy new waterproof connectors.

AJMBLAZER

Seven of mine have the plastic housings around them and one seems to just have the metal connector. Would the plastic housings be the waterproof connector's you mentioned?

Where can I get new waterproof connectors?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks