• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug controller housing

kcbbqguru

securedownload.jpegsecuredownload.jpeg My 1009 keeps blowing the engine control fuse. I found some exposed wires on the glow plug controller housing. does anyone know where I can get a replacement? thanks

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FLMV used to have complete GP control harness'.

If they are out, that was the last place I know that had them.

Used will be your only other option.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are usually not too hard to fish out the loose individual ends and recrimp onto the individual wires. Similiar to wires going into a relay connector. Might be easier to try that first.

MarcusOReallyus

I agree with wheelspinner. Fixing what you have shouldn't be difficult. If you go that route, make sure you clean the wire. No sense crimping corroded copper.

As a stopgap, you could try coating them with liquid electrical tape. Just don't gum up the connector so it's difficult to repair properly later.

kcbbqguru

got a use GP control harness and everything worked fine for 2 weeks, now it blew control fuse #17 again?
I'm going to check wires againaua

HAWKMAN

I would definately make sure all contacts are corrosion free and CLEAN.If you find yourself with a bad harness I have a couple available.

kcbbqguru

I would definately make sure all contacts are corrosion free and CLEAN.If you find yourself with a bad harness I have a couple available.
It's just very strange that it worked fine for 2 weeks, then started blowing control fuse?? did I get a bad harness? pm me the details on your harnesses? thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuse #17 Engine control has the following items on Circuit #39:

seatbelt buzzer - diagram E-4
dash temp lamp - diagram E-4
low coolant lamp- diagram E-4
brake lamp - diagram E-4
ignition power for fuel gauge - diagram E-4
water fuel solenoid - diagam E-3
cold advance temp sw - diagram E-3

and supplies power to the GP controler and the GP relay when the key is on. - diagram E-7

You will have to check each item to find the short.

kcbbqguru

got a use GP control harness and everything worked fine for 2 weeks, now it blew control fuse #17 again?
I'm going to check wires againaua
Today, I started by just checking of couple of easy things. I unplugged the GP control harness, and put in a new fuse and now everything works, except of course the glow plugs. The glow plug harness has been replaced, could it be the glow plug relay on the fire wall, causing the it to blow the fuse?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks