• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug controller wiring, need help

Ok so someone forgot to label all the wires on this build. No sense in pointing fingers. What is done is done and we are where were at now.

Anyway...

The glow plug system and wait to start light worked pre build so I know it works and everything is fine. Just need a nudge in the correct direction.

The relay and controller system were upgraded before I purchased the truck. Push button glow plugs. When u push the button the glow plugs come on as does the light. Or it did... and I think the glove plugs are working because I see a power draw and I hear the click. But no light as before.

The fuel pump was also upgraded at some point and when the key is in the run position the fuel pump gets 12v. That works.

The relay terminals were labeled 1-4.

1. 1 wire to 24v glow plug resistor pack on firewall

2. 3 wires. Connected to electric fuel pump, switch lead for button and a mystery wire.

4. 2 wires Connected to orange engine harness wires that lead to glow plugs.

All of those were labeled... but I distinctly remember all 4 posts being a jumbled mess...

Now for our two mystery wires...

I have a purple wire lead. Larger gauge. I think its connected to ignition system. I also have a much smaller gauge wire thats light blue and im certian it goes to the little circuit board under dash inside the cab. I believe thats the controller.

Right now the purple is connected to terminal 3 and light blue is not connected at all.

And. Question. Do all of the glow plugs have to be connected to test system. I have 5 /8 connected. Turbo header on left bank makes attaching gps a pain in The ass...

Will attach a picture or pictures shortly

Oh and the starter cable is still disconnected for saftey reasons. Would that prevent the gp system from working? I dont want the motor turning yet. No oil. the motor is dry. No fuel. I dont want it running until i confirm all electrical is good. No fires. The modded alternator is still in question. But it is working sofar.

The purple I guess could be pink. It looks purple in person but the camera makes it look pink. The wire leads to the engine harness. Where it goes in the harness I have not found yet. The light blue does go to the electronic board under the dash. Confirmed.
Again. Im assuming thats the gp controller... the electronic board housed in a giant plastic box under the dash. You could mistake it for a giant connector with a cover.

The blue wire could only go to the gp relay. It was never long enough to go anywhere else... but I remember it just sitting out. Not being used.

The purple on the other hand... based on the connector eyelet size. It can either go to the gp relay or... the 12v junction block just above it...

Just trying to give as much info as I can. The more I remember and say the more likely ill get help with this. Truck does not run until I get this working. :-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks