• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug harness question

Thumper580

Will this work on my M1123 (200amp) alternator or did I piss $55.00 away? Thanks. HMMWV Glow Plug Distribution Box Interface Harness P/N: 12379865
glowplug1.jpgglowplug.jpg

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will this work on my M1123 (200amp) alternator or did I piss $55.00 away? Thanks. HMMWV Glow Plug Distribution Box Interface Harness P/N: 12379865
View attachment 885376View attachment 885377
Digging up an old thread. Can anyone comment on whether the cannon plug on this part number (12379865) can be spliced into my existing engine wiring harness? I have an old smart box that has died and the connon plug is corroded on. The rest of the wiring is OK as far as I know. I plan to get the CamoTek box and am comfortable making the splice if this cannon plug will fit my new smart box. I have a very old glow plug controller box.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Digging up an old thread. Can anyone comment on whether the cannon plug on this part number (12379865) can be spliced into my existing engine wiring harness? I have an old smart box that has died and the connon plug is corroded on. The rest of the wiring is OK as far as I know. I plan to get the CamoTek box and am comfortable making the splice if this cannon plug will fit my new smart box. I have a very old glow plug controller box.
I did some more searching after finding the P/N in the TM. Looks like this won't work, too many pins. Maybe I could cut some off... (kidding).
BDGR

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The eng. harness has a big center socket that gets corroded ...and its hot all the time with batteries hooked up.
I had one once that it was green with corrosion, so I cleaned it out, and then the socket hole was to large to make proper contact
with start box.....so I had a doner eng. harness and replaced the corroded socket with a good one....and spliced it in....otherwise, you would have
to change the whole eng. harness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks