• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug problem after putting new cab on m1008

Sp0okfish

I have replaced the cab on my m1008. Went to start it yesterday and the glow plug solenoid does not come on and I have no "wait light". I took a jumper from the top post of the solenoid to the smaller post below it and can jump the solenoid making the glow plugs come on and the engine fires right up. The high idle works when the key is turned but its not sending power to the glow plugs. If you are jumping the solenoid and try to turn the key it kicks the solenoid out. I looked at the wiring diagram from cucv electric and it is wired correctly. Before I removed the old cab everything work properly as it should. Only thing that is different from the new cab I put on from the old one is the wiring harness inside the cab and the fuse box.

dependable

If it is a CUCV cab and wiring harness you put in (with the exception of the M-1010), it should work. Anything else, swap the CUCV harness from old cab, unless you are into a wiring project.

Check ground terminal on left above parking brake pedal, cab harness needs to be grounded there to avoid a few wierd malfunctions .

Sp0okfish

Yes it is a CUCV cab. I was thinking about putting my old harness back in it because I know everything in that cab worked. But I will check the ground above parking brake first.

Barrman

The cold timing advance and fast idle (green wires on the IP) are controlled by a temperature sensor on the outside rear of the passenger side head. Nothing to do with the glow plug system. Totally seperate.

A picture of how you have the solenoid for the glow plugs wired up would probably help. What you wrote doesn't track with what should be happening. Grounding the small lead with the blue wire attached should in a properly set up harness cause the glow plugs to come on. You wrote that putting power to that caused the glow plugs to come on. Something is wrong.

Sp0okfish

The cold timing advance and fast idle (green wires on the IP) are controlled by a temperature sensor on the outside rear of the passenger side head. Nothing to do with the glow plug system. Totally seperate.

A picture of how you have the solenoid for the glow plugs wired up would probably help. What you wrote doesn't track with what should be happening. Grounding the small lead with the blue wire attached should in a properly set up harness cause the glow plugs to come on. You wrote that putting power to that caused the glow plugs to come on. Something is wrong.
I just went ahead and put the harness out the cab l took off and now everything works as it should