• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug question

JeremyB

I was wondering if the M35 with the Whites have Glow plugs? Every other Diesel that I own have a button or toggle that I use to warm them up.

I was just wondering.

There are no glow plugs, but there is a "flame heater" in the intake manifold. Fuel is sprayed into the intake manifold and ignited to heat incoming air. There should be a momentary toggle switch and an instruction plate to the left of the steering wheel. You should not need to use this very often (or ever) in FL. I have never really needed it here in MD.

oilcan

There could also be an ether start kit installed instead of the flame heater.

Either way, grab the tm's and start reading in your spare time. You'll be glad you did.

JeremyB

There are no glow plugs, but there is a "flame heater" in the intake manifold. Fuel is sprayed into the intake manifold and ignited to heat incoming air. There should be a momentary toggle switch and an instruction plate to the left of the steering wheel. You should not need to use this very often (or ever) in FL. I have never really needed it here in MD.
You might be suprised,It went down to 9 degrees here in early Feb.

oilcan

My flame heater is INOP, and the truck always started. Except when one of the batteries clapped out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks