• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug relay question

Baer

One more relay question: A few weeks ago I drove home listening to a "clunk" noise on the fire wall. The next morning SURPRISE she would not start. I just got around to putting a volt meter on it and found with the ignition off I got no reading between the orange wire terminal and ground but a good healthy 14 volts with the ignition in the on position. I also got a loud "clunk" from the relay every 1 to 2 seconds. I plan on changing out the glow plugs but in addition am I needing to change the relay or circuit board?

cpf240

Follow the GP system troubleshooting section of the -20 TM. My guess would be that some, or all, of the GPs are bad, or perhaps a bad temp sensor is causing it to cycle the GPs more than needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks