• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Relay/ switch

sante

Help, glow plug relay/switch is n ot working, can't get a new one as the miitary part number does not civilian cross. Military Mech said use a ford starter relay ($15 bucks) did it fried on first attempt/. Anyone know of civilian part i can use. I had guys tell me install a toggle switch, don't want to do that. thanks
sante

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have covered this many times.

NAPA ST-85 is a great choice. Carquest S603 is cheaper.

The CUCV Wiki and the FAQ cover other model numbers. Also look at the bottom of the page. There are a few simular threads listed.

NEVER EVER use a Ford starter relay. It uses the mounting bracket as the ground and will cause your glowplugs to be on at ALL times. They will burnout after a few minutes.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

That Carquest number doesn't seem to be valid anymore. Couldn't find it on their site. Looked up an 84 K30 with the 6.2, and got a part number 56-2431 for $25. Terminals aren't the same, but could be adapted.

The NAPA one looks good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks