• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"glow plug saver system"

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just put the pieces together on these "glow plug saver system" that Alfa Heaven is listing on the CUCVs it sells. First read this excellent thread that review a AH purchase, and it comes up toward the end.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=91201&highlight=#91201
Then I had a long interesting conversation with a Naval EOD supervisor in Norfolk. While poking around his items he is routing to GL we talked about the CUCV glow plug system. Anyways he told me that the Navy upgraded all of their CUCV glow plug cards with a kit from GM that looked like the module you will find on later model Chevy trucks. He showed me something that he thought looked like it on a Seabees chevy pickup that was maybe early nineties. Anyways he said he would try to find the part numbers for the kit, but I have not heard from him yet. I will give him a call next week just in case he can help. Anyone have any idea what part number this kit might be? Or anyone have an ex-navy CUCV out there check this out?