Because I had the parts and because it was too wet (raining) to do anything outside, I built a Glow Plug Testing Unit. I will probably never need to use again, but it worked well to test the glow plugs on my M1009.
It was designed to use a battery charger but I haven't tried that yet. I tested my GPs with it connected to a automotive battery that was on my bench. I took a GP to my local hardware store and tested different nuts until I found a 10mm that fit. I bought two and welded them to the holes I drilled in the angle iron. It is difficult to see, but I put a flattened cable lug on one of the bolts holding the angle to the board. That is my grounding point. The red wire connects to the positive (+) terminal.
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!