• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug timer?

Taker73044

I was looking at and researching in the forum about bypassing glow plug system and going with a manual set up. The idea seems pretty simple. I just have a question about a part I ran across on the Internet and wonder if anybody has tried to use it or wire it up. It is a glow plug timer POWER TRAIN DGPT100. I understand somebody can hold the button for 4 to 8 seconds, And then just let it go. But it looks like this would set up a timer and shut the plugs off automatically for you so you don’t have to worry about somebody getting in there and holding the button down too long and frying your glow plugs. It also seems if this was paired with the proper relay that you might be able to eliminate the button altogether and just use the original switch as it was meant to be used…I could be wrong on that part though.

POWER TRAIN Glow Plug Timer 12/24v - DGPT100

Also, if anybody has used this box Do you have the wiring information on it like to get to know it little better before I decide to jump in and buy one.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum!!
There is certainly more than one way to skin a cat!
The glowplug section of the PCB is not the only issues they have.