• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug "tip" didn't come out with the body

GI joe

All 8 of mine were smoked. Lucky they came out intact but it was a chore.
Just for kicks I left the power leads off to all the glow plugs and turned the switch
to run positions. Wait light came on as usual with the big relay in the smart start box turning on with a clunk. Wait light goes out but still constant power to GP wires until I shut switch off and relay shuts off.

Starting to investigate issues with the smart start box and or possible TSU temp sending unit.

08hmmwv

All 8 of mine were smoked. Lucky they came out intact but it was a chore.
Just for kicks I left the power leads off to all the glow plugs and turned the switch
to run positions. Wait light came on as usual with the big relay in the smart start box turning on with a clunk. Wait light goes out but still constant power to GP wires until I shut switch off and relay shuts off.

Starting to investigate issues with the smart start box and or possible TSU temp sending unit.
I thought the temperature sending unit sends a signal back when it is hot enough and shuts off the plugs. I’m new to this so I might be wrong.

It

was my mistake trying to yank them out, I ended up getting the plug removing tool and it made the job a breeze.
I think I may have fried mine. I accidentally hooked up the battery while the ignition switch was in the run position. I realized immediately as it arced due to the glow plugs drawing current. Ever since, the wait light blinks for about 4 seconds and then goes off. The glow plugs are turning on during start, and pulsing during warm-up was expected, just getting the blinking light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks