• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Voltage

TGP (IL)

Unless you have $80 to spare and want to spend that everytime you burn out your glow plugs I would get rid of the resistor on the firewall behind the air cleaner and send 12V to my GP relay. Some use the 12v's near the GP relay I connected it directly to my front battery because I did not want to overload any wiring when I powered up all 8GP at the same time. Here is the string of post on how I solved my problem thanks to help from here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/56682-what-why-did-smoke-2.html
Thanks!
I change the GP's and all is well now.
But I have been seriously considering doing what you say.
I saw how easy it would be to do using the civilian junction block right there by the relay.
Problem is I'm not sure if 12v would energize the 24v relay.
So would probably need to change that too?
Thanks,,
TGP

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The relay is already being energized by 12v, via the two small wires. The relay is only switching 24v. No issue of changing that to 12v

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks