• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug/Wait light duration

TyJustice

If one or more glow plugs are out, will the wait light and or duration of the glow plug cycle become shortend.

Tried a search, but couldnt find that particular question.

Thanks

raiburn

I had 3 good glow plugs, and my wait light and duration of glow plug cycle was about 4-6 seconds in warm temps. Once all eight were burned out, i could hear the solinoid clicking open and closed in about 1 second intervals. (confirmed with a voltage test). After i replaced glow plugs, it went right back to 4-6 second cycle.

I'm sure this just adds to the confusion... Sorry 'bout that.

TyJustice

Thanks for the replies.

I pulled the plugs due to hard starting this last week and found three that needed to be replaced.

The military had put in a large order this month and the suppliers are out until first week of Oct.

But, when the hard starting began I noticed that my wait light on warm up seemed to be cut in half. I check the card and everything looked ok and I changed the relay just in case it was the cause.

I'll just have to wait for the plugs and go from there.

mangus580

Yes it will. The timing cycle is based off the total resistance in the system. As the resistance drops (dead plugs) each plug will see a higher voltage, and the cycle will shorten some.