• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Wait Light Not Functioning

Rouleau

trying to run down a couple issues.. in trying to do a little maintenance today, ended-up taking a few steps back. blew a couple fuses, which I have replaced. and, I've also replaced the Wait Light bulb. in looking at Figure F-7 of the TM, it notes that the 8PNK/BLK139E "Wait" LT wire goes to the "Fuse Box". Other places in the TM point Wait LT Bulb outage to Fuses Engine Control (#17) & Ignition (#15) - both are replaced w/ new. Wait Light still out... Anyone one know what Fuse Figure F-7 is supposed to be leading to ?

Rouleau

It was Cycling, and the light wasn't coming on. Changed-out 2 more blown fuses and late last night the Wait Light came back on. I attempted to start, the CUCV appears to be back to being stable. :) I keep forgetting to disconnect the Negative Battery terminals ANYTIME you work on it... And yes, the TM clearly indicates that ! And I keep forgetting that the entire Frame - and there's lots of metal on CUCVs - is ground ! Lesson learned , again! Thanks for dipping in. PS - I do think I need a spare glow plug module board, as at one point time last night, i thought i had blown it !

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was Cycling, and the light wasn't coming on. Changed-out 2 more blown fuses and late last night the Wait Light came back on. I attempted to start, the CUCV appears to be back to being stable. :) I keep forgetting to disconnect the Negative Battery terminals ANYTIME you work on it... And yes, the TM clearly indicates that ! And I keep forgetting that the entire Frame - and there's lots of metal on CUCVs - is ground ! Lesson learned , again! Thanks for dipping in. PS - I do think I need a spare glow plug module board, as at one point time last night, i thought i had blown it !
that glow plug control can be confusing sometimes especially if you had it running and warmed up sometime that day...they might not come on when you think they should. Be careful with those test light leads though...might blow more than a fuse next time...tape it all up with just leaving the very end to do the testing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks