• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plugs not working and short in engine control circuit

kjasdaddy

My m1028 wont start the glow plug wait light wont come on and they are not cycling. Found a 20 amp fuse blown on the engine control circuit and when I put a new one in it blew again. Does anybody have any idea what all is in this circuit so I can start eliminating things?

Ray
1986 M1028
Richmond, Va

mangus580

RE: Glow plugs not working and short in engine control circu

The first place I would start, is locate the -20 TM and look at the schematic [thumbzup]

This will answer your ?

(thats how I would have to get the answer to give you)

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Glow plugs not working and short in engine control circu

kjasdaddy said:
My m1028 wont start the glow plug wait light wont come on and they are not cycling. Found a 20 amp fuse blown on the engine control circuit and when I put a new one in it blew again. Does anybody have any idea what all is in this circuit so I can start eliminating things?
Will it crank at all, or are the glow plugs the only things that do not work? I checked the 20 manual and it's a little hard to say what could be causing a short like that, since its mostly sensors and indicator lights. There doesn't seem to be anything stout enough to be pulling over 20 amps without burning up. Then again, the laptop is not the best screen to view the diagram on. I have seen the fuse box crack and short itself internally, but that's probably a pretty rare occurrence.

kjasdaddy

RE: Re: Glow plugs not working and short in engine control c

Im disconnecting things one at a time starting with the glow plug system. I dont know what else is on the circuit and the 20 dont have the info or im not looking in the right place.

Ray
M1028 (electrical gremlins)
Richmond Va.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Glow plugs not working and short in engine contr

kjasdaddy said:
Im disconnecting things one at a time starting with the glow plug system. I dont know what else is on the circuit and the 20 dont have the info or im not looking in the right place.
In the -20, it's appendix F, and in the -34, it's appendix E. But, the diagrams are not the best I've ever seen. You can see what else is in the circuit, but it's a little hard to see what's wired into the fuse box where....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks