• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plugs on M1009 not getting any juice to them???

simoncrk

I was building a winch mount on my M1009, and forgot to unhook my battery cables while weldin on it. Now my glow plugs aren't heating up. I put a test light on the wires that attach to them, and theres no elect. goin to them after I turn the key on. What do ya'll think????

Wolf.Dose

It is a very reare case, however I think you just did blow your pre glow electronics which are located behind the dash in a approximately 3 by 2 inch black housing (If the junk still worked). Over some 120,000 miles due to experiance this electronic device discontinues its service. The plugs are 5 second plugs without the electronic control. There are no regulator wires inside the plug. So with 7 seconds of glowing without electronis the plugs are blown. Have a nice relation to your AC Delco dealer to get a set of new ones.
Wolf
P.S. Hummr plugs are 24 Volts and have different connector sizes!

HardCorps79

Sounds like it's time to get rid of the GP controller, get new plugs and do the manual GP button modification. Just do a search. Lots of info on the forum. Been discussed many times. Good luck!

simoncrk

Figured out it was the GP Relay under the hood on the firewall. Ive a new 24 volt relay comin from PJ Power. Thanks to a thread I found on SS
PJ POWER INC
483 N.W. 68th Ave.
Ocala, Fl. 34482
Phone - 877.710.9053
Part # 974-1215-010-09

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GP relay is not 24 volt.

It is a 12 volt relay!

The correct part number from the thread you read is,
TROMBETTA RELAY #974-1215-010-09
Cost is $34.50 plus shipping
The number you posted above is incorrect!

If there weren't so many threads on this, it would be a lot simpler to understand what you need. And now, this thread will screw the next guy, if he doesn't read through the incorrect information.

Last edited: