• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plugs

86k10

Just a quick question about glow plugs on a 1008. I have one I'm parting out but it still is in running condition. However the glow plugs seem to not be working since the light doesn't come on and no click from the relay. I have power at the top post on the relay next to the master cylinder and with the key on all have power except for the bottom post with the big orange wires. What do I need to check next?

acetomatoco

just jump the two big terminals on the relay with a 10 gauge or larger wire for a few seconds and see if the plugs get hot....that will test the plugs...not the relay or the card... ACE

86k10

yeh i'll try that, the TM I have doesn't say anything about glow plug failure. So then what if they do heat up doing that then what. Glad someone knows these things. Ive changed the card and the relay allready with my truck that works.

ida34

Look for the -20 or-34 TM. These are the maint TM. The -10 is the operator's manual. The maint manuals have a great trouble shooting section that will take you through checking all the systems by checking inputs at the glow plug card. The manuals are on the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks