• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow-Plugs

lindsaym

Just added some Deisal 911 to the tank, going to let it sit for 30 minutes before trying to start. If that doesn't work, I'll follow the instructions on the back of it for the fuel filter. I'm looking at the TM and it's a little confusing about the Fuel Pump. More to the point, I'm having a hard time telling where it's at from the illustrations.

rlltide12

Lift pump is mounted to the block on the passenger side down close to the motor mount. IP is front and center of the motor right under the front of the air cleaner

Triple C

I am not familiar with the truck you are working on but follow the fuel line from the tank to the motor and you should find a lift pump between the two (probably on the frame rail) If not it is in the tank. The lift pump on my 6.5 is on the frame rail under the drivers door and looks like a cylinder about three inches across with a two prong plug and a fuel line from the tank on one end and a line exiting the other end going to the fuel filter then to the injector pump. Your TM should tell you. What you are trying to do is determine if the injector pump is getting adequate fuel to distribute to the cylinders (looking for the easiest and cheapest fixes first.) A worst case scenario is a bad injector pump but there is no reason to assume that is the case at this point.

Triple C

Good work rlltide12, I am not familiar with his truck. The 6.2 and 6.5 have a lot in common but even the IP's are different depending on the year. I think his runs a DB2 but I'm not even sure of that. Is his fuel pump an electric pump or a mechanical pump like the old gas pumps?

Triple C

Thanks. I think you are lot's more help to him than I am - probably best for me to step back here thanks for sharing your knowledge.

lindsaym

Checking that out is next on my list. I put some diesel 911 in the tank and then filled the filter with a 50/50 mix of diesel and diesel 911. Same thing. Turns over like a champ, but no starting.

lindsaym

Found pump, traced wires as best I could. Didn't see anything unusual. No deisel on the ground in that area

lindsaym

Resolution! (at last!) Last problem was an air-bubble in my injection pump. Big thanks to everyone - especially Doghead and Rlltide12 - for helping me out. I figure that after these last two days, I should be problem-free for a while! Felt good to get my baby back on the road!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks