• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow time?

Screamer27

I went through and installed all new 070's and then bypassed the resistors, I ran a wire staight from the front battery positive to the hot side of the relay. Now when I key on, I get 12v to all of the glow plugs, and the truck finally starts easily at 5 degrees out. When the wait light goes out thought, i still have 12volts to the glow plugs, The truck fires up, and I still have 12v at the glow plugs. I shut the truck down, came inside, searched for half an hour on here, and then decided to make a post ;) Is this normal, should they go off after the high idle kicks down? Is something else up?

Nate.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will stay on until the engine warmes up watch your VM gauge you will see it go down them back up until the glug plugs cut off when the engine gets warm and them the VM Gauge will stay in the green.
AEC Rtired Tony

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will work do you need a gauge if you do MP me I think I might have one I will check on that and let you know. If you still have the GP control card and it works there is a temp. senting unit that is on the left head that sends a sigle to the card when it is at right temp it cuts the power off to the Glow Plugs,
AEC Retire Tony

K9Vic

Is yours a converted 12v system since you bypassed the resistors bank?

Not trying to tread steel, but my question is related to the resistor block since we are on the subject.
----
My M1010 is a 12v converted system and my resistor bank is connected between the battery and GP relay and I only get about 5-6 volts to the glow plugs (all GPs are band new today). I tried the bypass as I found in the TM and it kept blowing my 40amp in-line fuse right away. Am I using a too low of a fuse, the TM did not say what size to use, or is there something else wrong? If I cycle my ignition 3-4 times the truck fires right up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks