• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glowplug Controller

nocash247

My Fire Department got an old M1008A1 from government surplus to use as a brush truck. I've had a problem getting it to start cold finding that the GPs weren't operating. Tracing the wiring I found the GP controller module (the circuit board above the brake pedal) was missing :-(. Does anyone know where I can get one of these things. The only place I could find was selling one for $237! Anyone know if there is any place a little cheaper?

nocash247

PS. I don't want to put in a button to force the GPs on as all our firefighters will be using it and the GPs would be cracked and bloated in the block in a week. :cookoo:

jworth94

I bought one off the previously mentioned site. It works great. I paid around $60 delivered. If you do some hunting, you may find someone on here willing to part with one. Good luck.

Jon

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pricing has not yet been determined.

Still testing the first batch of production boards. Awaiting the results from the individuals that are conducting the tests in their vehicles. It may be a few weeks until the results are analyzed and if any changes need to be made.

I have been using the prototype boards in my CUCV trucks for a couple of weeks without any problems.

The pictures are of the prototype boards.